Erica Wagner is an American author and critic, living in London, England. She is former literary editor of The Times.
|Born||1967 (age 51–52)|
New York City, New York, United States
|Alma mater||St Paul's Girls' School|
Corpus Christi College, Cambridge
University of East Anglia
|Occupation||Author, critic, editor, writer|
She moved to Britain in the 1980s to continue her education, first at St Paul's Girls' School, then at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge (BA), and finally at the University of East Anglia (MA), where she was taught by Malcolm Bradbury and Rose Tremain.
She is the author of several books, including a collection of short stories, Gravity, Ariel's Gift: Ted Hughes, Sylvia Plath, and the Story of Birthday Letters, and the novel Seizure. Her latest book is a biography of Washington Roebling, the engineer who constructed the Brooklyn Bridge.
Wagner was literary editor of The Times between 1996 and June 2013. She also reviews regularly for The New York Times. Wagner was selected to be one of the judges for the Man Booker Prize in both 2002 and 2014.
She lives in London with her husband, the writer Francis Gilbert, author of I'm A Teacher, Get Me Out of Here!, Teacher on the Run and Yob Nation. They have a son, Theodore.
- Gravity (1997) (Granta) ISBN 9781862071476, OCLC 60221000
- Ariel's Gift: Ted Hughes, Sylvia Plath and the Story of Birthday Letters (2000) (Faber & Faber; W. W. Norton) ISBN 9780393323016, OCLC 994011451
- Seizure (2007) (Faber & Faber; W. W. Norton) ISBN 9780393061482, OCLC 836381649
- Chief Engineer: The Man Who Built the Brooklyn Bridge (2017) (Bloomsbury) ISBN 9781620400524, OCLC 1001841926
- "Ericawagner.co.uk". Ericawagner.co.uk. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Review of Seizure in The Independent, 20 April 2007
- Wagner, Erica (2017). Chief Engineer: The Man Who Built the Brooklyn Bridge. London: Bloomsbury.
- "Erica Wagner". The Times. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Cakir, Ziba. "The Times appoints Robbie Millen as literary editor – FeaturesExec Media Bulletin". Featuresexec.com. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Man Booker 2014 Judges. Retrieved 2013-12-16
- "Granta: Erica Wagner". Archived from the original on 16 November 2007. Retrieved 1 November 2007.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)