Born in northern Moravia, Pedretti went to Switzerland in 1945. She studied art and has achieved a career as a writer, painter and sculptor. For a few years she lived in the United States, but in 1952 she returned to Switzerland, where she married the Swiss painter Gian Pedretti. Pedretti has published texts since 1970, and since 1976 she has worked as an artist, especially as a sculptor.
- Valentina Glajar: Narrating History and Subjectivity: „Vergangenheitsbewältigung“ in Erica Pedretti's „Engste Heimat“ (1995). In: Glajar, The German Legacy in East Central Europe. As Recorded in Recent German Language Literature, pp. 72–114. Camden House, Rochester NY 2004
- Dolores Denaro (ed.): Erica Pedretti. Flügelschlag./The Beat of Wings. Mit Werkverzeichnis/ With catalogue raisonné. Verlag für Moderne Kunst, Wien 2017, ISBN 978-3-903153-66-0.(Publication in German and English)
- Publications by and about Erica Pedretti in the catalogue Helveticat of the Swiss National Library
- "Literary estate of Erica Pedretti". HelveticArchives. Swiss National Library.
- (in German)Portrait & Bibliography
- Entretien avec Erica Pedretti par Patricia Zurcher (French/German)