Equinox (TV series)
Equinox is a British science and documentary programme. The series ran from 31 July 1986 to 21 December 2006, originally airing on a weekly basis on Channel 4.
Equinox title card
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Camera setup||4:3, 16:9|
|Running time||60 min|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||31 July 1986 –|
21 December 2006
The number of films per series fell over the years, from eighteen one-hour films a year originally to twelve by the late 1990s. The last regular series was shown on 21 December 2006, with twelve films. One-off films have occasionally been aired under the title "Equinox Special" (e.g. the 90-minute Secrets of the Super Psychics first transmitted in 1997).
- F1 TURBO - Once Around The Block (1986) – follows the development of the Ford Cosworth GBA TEC V6 Twin Turbo Formula 1 engine
- Dismantling The Bomb (1994) – just how do you dismantle the world's nuclear weapons stockpile?
- It Runs On Water (1995) – the alternative energy and over-unity energy revolution – foreword by Arthur C Clarke
- A Very British Bomb (1997) – the development of the UK's home grown H-bomb
- The Engines That Came In From The Cold (2001) – decades-old Soviet rocket engines that are way ahead of anything being made in the West and NASA wants them.
- Equinox on IMDb
- Equinox, British Film Institute. List of films, with dates.
- Equinox, Showdates list of all Equinox films