Epinay Studios

The Epinay Studios are film production studios located in Epinay in northern Paris. It was a complex with two distinct and separate structures. The earliest was built in 1902 by Eclair Film.[1] A second studio was controlled by the French subsidiary of the German company Tobis Film. These were converted for sound in February 1929.[2] The same year the other studio was acquired by Pathé-Natan.

References

  1. Crisp p.95
  2. Crisp p.103

Bibliography

  • Crisp, C.G. The Classic French Cinema, 1930-1960. Indiana University Press, 1993
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.