English International School Prague
The English International School, Prague (EISP) was a fee-paying, international day school for pupils 2–18. The school followed the English curriculum and the teaching staff were primarily trained in the UK.
|Owner||Nord Anglia Education|
|Age||2 to 18|
|Website||EISP Website at the Wayback Machine (archive index)|
It merged into the Prague British International School as of September 2018.
The school was founded in 1995. It was previously in Na Okruhu 395, Prague 4. Its final Prague 4 campus, Libuš campus at Brunelova 960/12, opened in 2007. This campus, now a part of the British International School of Prague, has a 6,782-square-metre (73,000 sq ft) building on a 18,029-square-metre (194,060 sq ft) plot of land.
In 2015, Nord Anglia Education announced a global collaboration with The Juilliard School to enrich performing arts education in its schools. The English International School Prague became one of ten pioneering schools to begin embedding this collaboration in its performing arts teaching, commencing in September 2015.
The final headmaster of the school was Mel Curtis who joined in 2017.
Facilities at the campus include an indoor sports hall, a drama studio and theatre, ICT suites, two libraries, and extensive outdoor grounds including a large sports field.
The school uses the National Curriculum of England, and offers IGCSEs at 16 and the IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate Diploma) at 18. The English International School Prague has a small teacher to pupil ratio. It is owned by Nord Anglia Education, which runs 43 schools internationally, educating more than 34,000 students in 15 countries.
- Mikolas Josef (born 1995) – singer, songwriter, model
- "PBS & EISP Together". Prague British International School. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "Home Page." The English International School Prague. 13 April 2001. Retrieved on 5 January 2019. "Na Okruhu 395, 142 00, Prague 4, Czech Republic"
- "Our new campus ." The English International School Prague. 4 March 2008. Retrieved on 5 January 2019.
- "One School, Three Campuses." Prague British International School. Retrieved on 4 January 2019. "Libuš campus Brunelova 960/12 142 00 Praha 4 "
- "History of the new campus". Prague English International School. 2007-11-03. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- "Nord Anglia Education And The Juilliard School Announce Global Collaboration" (Press release).
- "Pražská škola rozjela hudební obor slavné konzervatoře Juilliard. Kromě Švýcarska je jediná v Evropě" (in Czech).
- "The Private School Advantage". Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Jordan, Paul (29 January 2018). "Mikolas Josef to represent the Czech Republic in Lisbon". eurovision.tv. EBU.