EnPro Industries, Inc. is an American industrial conglomerate, through its various divisions and subsidiaries it provides engineered industrial products for critical applications in a wide range of industries. Its businesses manufacture sealing and other high-performance products, plain bearings and diesel engines. Businesses operated by EnPro Industries include Compressor Products International, Fairbanks Morse, Garlock Sealing Technologies, GGB Bearing Technology, Technetics Group and STEMCO.
|Traded as||NYSE: NPO|
S&P 600 Component
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Marvin Riley (President, Chief Executive Officer and Director)|
Number of employees
The company serves industries such as aerospace, power generation, heavy-duty trucking, mining, oil and gas, chemical processing, pulp and paper, and pharmaceutical from 61 primary manufacturing facilities located in 12 countries, worldwide.
On May 31, 2002, Goodrich Corporation (now UTC Aerospace Systems) spun off its Engineered Industrial Products business segment into a new company, named EnPro Industries, Inc. The spinoff consisted of businesses that were originally owned by Coltec Industries, which had been purchased by Goodrich in 1998. The businesses included in the spinoff were: Garlock Sealing Technologies, GGB Bearing Technology, STEMCO, Fairbanks Morse Engine and Quincy Compressor (which was sold to Atlas Copco in 2010). Asbestos liability was limited by complicate tax manipulation, Joseph Andolino was one of the architects.
Since the formation of EnPro Industries, the company has acquired a number of companies that are focused on engineered industrial products.
|Company or Asset Acquired||Headquarters||Date||EnPro Business Unit||Products||Ref.|
|Pikotek Inc.||Lakewood, Colorado, United States||2003||Garlock Family of Companies (GPT)||Very Critical Service(VCS) Flange Insulation Gasket (application for high pressure, highly corrosive environments)|
|Compressor Products International||Stafford, Texas, United States||2007||Compressor Products International||Compressor components and lubrication systems|
|Technetics Corp||Columbia, South Carolina, United States||2009||Technetics Group||Metallic seals, metal bellows, plastomer and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seals and components, elastomeric seals|
|Hydrodyne||Burbank, California, United States||2010||Technetics Group||Metallic seals and components for nuclear and aerospace applications|
|Premier Lubrication Systems||Houston, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Components, technical products and service for reciprocating compressors|
|Progressive Equipment||Houston, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Components, technical products and service for reciprocating compressors|
|CC Technology||Midland, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Lubrication systems and components for reciprocating compressors|
|Tara Technologies||Daytona Beach, Florida, United States||2011||Technetics Group||Engineered products for the semiconductor, aerospace, energy and medical industries|
|Rome Tool and Die||Rome, Georgia, United States||2011||STEMCO||Steel brake shoes|
|Pipeline Seal and Insulator (PSI)||Houston, Texas, United States||2011||Garlock family of companies (GPT)||Pipeline sealing products|
|Motorwheel Commercial Vehicle Systems||Livonia, Michigan, United States||2012||STEMCO||Braking system hubs, drums and rotors|
|Fabrico, Inc||Oxford, Massachusetts, United States||2014||Technetics Group||Land-based Turbines|
|Rubber Fab Gasket & Molding, Inc||Sparta, New Jersey, United States||2016||Garlock Family of Companies (GHT)||Sanitary Gaskets and High-Purity Hose Assemblies|
|Qualiseal Technology||Harwood Heights, IL, United States||2017||Techetics Group||Sealing Products segment|
|The Aseptic Group (comprising Aseptic Process Equipment SAS and Aseptic Services SARL)||Limonest, France||2019||Garlock Family of Companies (GHT)||Single-use components and tubing assemblies for the biopharmaceutical market|
|LeanTeq Co., Ltd||Taoyuan City, Taiwan||2019||Technetics Group||Sealing Products segment|
EnPro Industries’ businesses are organized into the following operating units:
Compressor Products International (CPI) designs, manufactures and markets precision-engineered components for large reciprocating compressors used in chemical plants, refineries and natural gas processing and transportation facilities.
Fairbanks Morse is a worldwide leader in the technology and manufacturing of engines used primarily in marine and power generation applications. Fairbanks Morse manufactures high quality diesel engines and generator sets, dual-fuel engines and original equipment parts, all backed with world-class field service.
The Garlock family of companies comprises three businesses: Garlock Sealing Technologies, GPT, and Garlock Hygienic Technologies, which includes Rubber Fab and The Aseptic Group. Together, they provide high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. Garlock serves a diverse range of industries including pharmaceutical, food and beverage, pulp and paper, metals and mining, marine, water / waste water, chemical processing, oil and gas, and power generation markets.
GGB is the Tribological Solution Provider for Industrial Progress, regardless of Shape or Material, serving the industrial, automotive, aerospace, renewable energy, and dozens of other industries.
STEMCO manufactures and supplies high quality components to the heavy-duty truck and trailer markets in North America. Stemco is the leader in design and manufacture of commercial vehicle wheel-end components, and a growing competitor in the market for braking and suspension components.
Technetics Group provides innovative solutions and services for the world's most critical and demanding applications, from nuclear reactor pressure vessels to jet engines and semiconductor device processing. Technetics Group is a globally trusted source for differentiated technologies, engineered components, seals, assemblies and sub-systems that are custom-designed for high performance and extreme applications in the semiconductor, aerospace, power generation, medical, oil and gas, and other industries.
- "EnPro Industries, Inc., Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date February 27, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Investor Relations - Corporate Profile". EnPro Industries. Archived from the original on June 16, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "B.F. Goodrich buys Coltec". CNN Money. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Goodrich Readying June 1 Spinoff of Bearing Division". eBearing News. Archived from the original on June 17, 2002. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro completes sale of Quincy Compressor". Charlotte Business News. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro buys Colorado manufacturer". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "EnPro Buys Compressor Products International". Modern Distribution Management. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Technetics". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries buys Hydrodyne". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Acquires Manufacturers of Lubrication Systems for Compressors". Machinery Lubrication. Archived from the original on May 8, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Tara Technologies". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Acquires Rome Tool and die". American Machinist. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Pipeline Seal and Insulator". Industrial Supply. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Acquires Motorwheel Commercial Vehicle Systems". Reuters. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition of Fabrico, Inc". Business Wire. Archived from the original on April 16, 2015. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition Of Rubber Fab Gasket & Molding, Inc". Business Wire. Archived from the original on April 26, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition of Qualiseal". Business Wire. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition of The Aseptic Group". Business Wire. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- "EnPro Industries to Acquire LeanTeq Co., Ltd". Business Wire. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- "EnPro Industries Inc". Reuters. Retrieved April 26, 2013.