Emdrup station

Emdrup station is on the Farum radial of the S-train network in Copenhagen, Denmark. Local landmarks include Aarhus University's Copenhagen Campus and Emdrup Lake.

Emdrup station
S-train station
Coordinates55°43′14″N 12°32′28″E
Owned byDSB
PlatformsSide platforms
Tracks2

History

The station was not one of the original stations on the Slangerup Station. The station opened on 20 April 1906. The station building was one of the smallest on the rail line and of the same type as the one on Hareskov Station. At the time of its opening, it was still surrounded by open farm land. The station only attracted few passengers due to competition from the tram lines to nearby Bispebjerg but was of more importance as a freight station due to a lumberyard at the site.[1] The station was closed on 31 March but reopened as an S-train station on 25 September 1977.

Service

Emdrup Station is served by B and H trains.


Emdrup station

Preceding station   S-train   Following station
B
toward Holte
H
toward Farum

References

  1. "København - Slangerup Banen" (in Danish). evp.dk. Archived from the original on 14 August 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2015.


This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.