|Alma mater||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
Francis Austin Henley
(m. 1960; died 2009)
She made her first London appearance in 1946 in The Brothers Karamazov, and later appeared with the Royal Shakespeare Company as Elizabeth in Richard III, Helen in Troilus and Cressida, Gertrude in Hamlet and Hermione in The Winter's Tale.
Sellars entered films in 1949 with Floodtide. She appeared in a string of British films in the 1950s and 1960s, and also a few Hollywood films, usually in secondary roles, including The Barefoot Contessa (1954), Désirée (1954), Prince of Players (1955), The Day They Robbed the Bank of England (1960), 55 Days at Peking (1963) and The Chalk Garden (1964). She was the main female lead in a number of films, including The Long Memory (1953), The Last Man to Hang? (1956), Never Let Go (1960) and The Webster Boy (1962). She has also appeared frequently on television, most notably in A Voyage Round My Father (1982) with Laurence Olivier.
On 8 September 1960, Sellars married Francis Austin Henley in Stow-on-the-Wold, England. They remained together until his death on 31 January 2009.
- Floodtide (1949) as Judy
- Madeleine (1950) as Christina Hackett
- Guilt Is My Shadow (1950) as Linda
- Cloudburst (1951) as Carol Graham
- Night Was Our Friend (1951) as Sally Raynor
- Hunted (1952) as Magda Lloyd
- The Gentle Gunman (1952) as Maureen Fagan
- The Long Memory (1953) as Fay Lowther
- The Broken Horseshoe (1953) as Della Freeman
- Recoil (1953) as Jean Talbot
- Three's Company (1953) as Diane Graham (segment "The Surgeon's Story")
- Forbidden Cargo (1954) as Rita Compton
- The Barefoot Contessa (1954) as Jerry Dawes
- Désirée (1954) as Julie Clary, Désirée's Sister
- Prince of Players (1955) as Asia Booth
- Three Cases of Murder (1955) as Elizabeth ("You Killed Elizabeth" segment)
- The Last Man to Hang? (1956) as Daphne Strood
- The Man in the Sky (1957) as Mary Mitchell
- The Shiralee (1957) as Marge
- Law and Disorder (1958) as Gina Laselle
- Jet Storm (1959) as Inez Barrington
- The Day They Robbed the Bank of England (1960) as Iris Muldoon
- Never Let Go (1960) as Anne Cummings
- The Webster Boy (1962) as Margaret Webster
- 55 Days at Peking (1963) as Lady Sarah Robertson
- The Chalk Garden (1964) as Olivia
- The Mummy's Shroud (1967) as Barbara Preston
- The Hireling (1973) as Lady Franklin's mother
- A Voyage Round My Father (1982, TV movie) as Mother
- Farrington (1987, TV series) as Delia Murdock
- A Ghost in Monte Carlo (1990, TV movie) as Countess Kissler
- "Elizabeth Sellars". BFI. Retrieved 29 October 2019.)
- Cornel, Jean (24 August 1957). "Talent Is Still With Us". Tucson Daily Citizen. Arizona, Tucson. p. 27. Retrieved 12 October 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- Roe, Dorothy (9 November 1958). "Actress Elizabeth Sellars Studies Law Between Performances". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Texas, Lubbock. Associated Press. p. 64. Retrieved 12 October 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Elizabeth Sellars Wed". The Kansas City Times. Missouri, Kansas City. Associated Press. 9 September 1960. p. 12. Retrieved 12 October 2017 – via Newspapers.com.