Eldridge Industries LLC is a private investment firm headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, with offices in New York, London and Beverly Hills. The firm invests across diversified industries with a focus on asset management and leasing; food, convenience, and consumer experiences; real estate lending and development; retirement income, insurance, and insurance technology; sports and media.
|Headquarters||Greenwich, Connecticut, U.S.|
Eldridge has invested in businesses including Security Benefit Life Insurance, London-based real estate firm Cain International, media entity Valence Media, CBAM, an SEC-registered investment advisor; Stonebriar Commercial Finance, and NPC International, operator of Wendy’s and Pizza Hut units in the U.S.
In March 2017, Eldridge led a round of funding estimated at over $100 million for DraftKings, a daily fantasy sports contest provider. The firm also provided financing to Prescient, a building technology platform, for $50 million in July 2018.
In 2015, Eldridge put some of its media properties up for sale, including Adweek and the Clio Awards. Adweek was sold a year later to Beringer Capital, a private equity firm that invests in digital media and marketing services. The Clio Awards, a 58-year-old ad industry event, was sold to investment company Evolution Media in 2017.
In February 2018, Eldridge announced it would be consolidating three of its entertainment properties into a new company, Valence Media. The properties included Media Rights Capital (MRC), an independent movie and TV production company; Dick Clark Productions, a producer of award shows and other live event programming; and the Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which includes The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard industry trade publications.
MRC’s co-founders Asif Satchu and Modi Wiczyk serve as co-CEOs of Valence and Boehly serves as Chairman. Valence also owns a minority stake in film distributor A24.
- "Company Overview of Eldridge Industries LLC". Bloomberg L.P. August 16, 2018.
- "Dodgers' Boehly Leads $100 Million DraftKings Investment". Bloomberg. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "About Us". Eldridge.com.
- "Eldridge Industries". Crunchbase. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- "Dodgers Co-Owner Takes Stake in Beverly Hilton Hotel". Bloomberg L.P. August 17, 2018.
- "Guggenheim Prepares To Sell Hollywood Reporter, Dick Clark Productions To Exec". Deadline.com. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Guggenheim Media Spins Off Money-Losing Hollywood Reporter, Billboard to Company President Todd Boehly (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Hollywood Reporter Parent Company Spins Off Media Assets to Executive". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Conn. PE Firm Eldridge Closes $1.4B In Funding". Law360. April 15, 2019.
- Leon Lazaroff (February 23, 2017). "Dick Clark Productions Deal Expected to Close in Coming Weeks". TheStreet.com.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (2018-02-01). "Media Rights Capital, Dick Clark Prods., THR-Billboard Form Combined Company". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- John Gittelsohn and Patrick Clark (August 17, 2018). "Dodgers Co-Owner Takes Stake in Beverly Hilton Hotel". Bloomberg L.P.
- Glen Fest (November 17, 2017). "CLO Roundup: CBAM marketing its fourth $1B CLO of the year". American Banker.
- "Stonebriar Commercial Finance Closes a $20 million Turn-Key Facility Lease". Stonebriar Commercial Finance. January 8, 2018.
- Ron Ruggless (June 28, 2018). "NPC restructures, names Steve Layt to head Pizza Hut division". Nation's Restaurant News.
- "Former Guggenheim President Todd Boehly Is Growing His Investment Empire, From the Dodgers to Collateralized Loans". Barron's. April 12, 2019.
- Curt Woodward (March 9, 2017). "Another $100 million in financing for DraftKings". The Boston Globe.
- Iris Dorbian (July 23, 2018). "Prescient snags $50 mln Series E". PE Hub.
- Kristy Westgard (June 21, 2018). "'Retail Apocalypse' Didn't Scare This Landlord Off an IPO". Bloomberg L.P.
- Lexy Perez (July 9, 2018). "Beyonce, Jay-Z Among Headliners at Global Citizen Festival Honoring Nelson Mandela Centennial". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Keith J. Kelly (May 31, 2016). "AdWeek, Clio Awards put up for sale". New York Post.
- "Adweek acquired by private equity firm Beringer Capital". TechCrunch. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Clio Awards Acquired by Global Investment Firm Evolution Media". Adweek. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Group acquires Spin, Vibe and Stereogum". The Los Angeles Times. December 23, 2016. Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- Faughnder, Ryan. "'House of Cards' producer MRC merges with Dick Clark Productions and Hollywood Reporter publisher". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Diane Haithman (February 2, 2018). "Billboard-Hollywood Reporter, Dick Clark Productions and MRC Merge as Valence Media". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Tony Maglio (February 1, 2018). "THR to Combine With Dick Clark Productions, 'House of Cards' Studio in New Todd Boehly Banner". TheWrap.