Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (English: My Sister is One in a Thousand) is an Indian soap opera that aired on STAR Plus from 3 October 2011 to 13 September 2013. Speaking about its end, producer Siddharth Malhotra said, "The channel didn't want to shut the show. Both the channel and the production house tried reasoning with the cast. But since they are unwilling to play parents on screen, we have to forcibly end the show."
|Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|Written by||Zama Habib|
|Directed by||Santram Varma|
|Creative director(s)||Pinky Shah|
|Opening theme||Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai By Shreya Ghoshal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||515|
|Running time||Approx. 21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cinevistaas Limited|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||3 October 2011 –|
13 September 2013
Jeevika and Manvi are two sisters who live in Rishikesh with their great-grandmother, grandmother, Beeji, uncle, aunt and their cousin, Dabbu. Jeevika is a simple schoolteacher, whose marriage has been arranged to Viren Vadhera, the son of a reputed family of lawyers in Chandigarh.
Manvi struggles with separating from her sister, when she is diagnosed with leukemia - a form of blood cancer, which the entire Vadhera family finds out about when she refuses to donate blood to Jeevika after an accident. Ultimately, a pregnant Jeevika aborts her child and donates her bone marrow to Manvi and saves her.
Viren's brother, an aspiring singer, Virat falls in love with Manvi, supports her through her cancer treatment and eventually marries her. Manvi also supports him through his developing independent career away from the Vadhera legacy.
The Vadheras, along with the sisters, are involved with a lot of antagonists due to their legal stature. A man poses as an imposter for their divorced aunt's deceased son. The sisters eventually expose his real identity and it is revealed that the whole fiasco was conspired by Viren's long time court nemesis, Jaiswal.
Manvi soon gets pregnant, while Jeevika and Viren opt for surrogacy through an estranged wife Vidhi. They are also shocked by their father's sudden entry as he is revealed to be alive and also terminally sick.
In the end, they accept him into their family and, the Chaudharys and Vadheras welcome Jeevika and Viren's daughter Mansi, and Manvi and Virat's daughter Jahnvi. Jeevika finds out she is pregnant and the sisters happily get together again.
- Krystle D'Souza as Jeevika Chaudhary, Manvi's elder sister, Viren's wife (2011-13)
- Nia Sharma as Manvi "Mannu" "Maanvi" Chaudhary, Jeevika's younger sister, Virat's wife (2011-13)
- Karan Tacker as Viren Singh Vadhera, Virat's elder brother, Jeevika's husband (2011-13)
- Kushal Tandon as Virat Singh Vadhera, Viren's younger brother, Manvi's husband (2011-13)
- Seema Kapoor as Swamini Singh Shekhawat
- Indu Verma as Vanshika Singh Vadhera
- Deep Dhillon as Vijay Singh Vadhera
- Anupam Bhattacharyaas Inder Singh Vadhera
- Manasvi Vyas as Kadambari Singh Vadhera
- Nikunj Pandey as Shlok Singh Vadhera
- Anju Mahendru as Beeji
- Tarla Joshi as Badi Beeji
- Mohit Chauhan as Madan Chaudhary
- Divyajyotee Sharma as Pinky Chaudhary
- Imran Khan as Mahesh Chaudhary
- Mihir Mishra as Dr. Rahul Mehra
- Gaurav Kumar as Dabindar "Daboo" Singh Chaudhary
- Lavina Tandon as Sweety Singh Chaudhary
- Abhinav Shukla as Dr. Manan
- Sehban Azim as Karan Singh Shekhawat (2012–13)
- Nikunj Malik as Maya (2012)
- Abir Goswami as Rajiv Talwar (2012)
- Puneet Sachdev as Vikram
- Kajal Pisal as Riya Malik/Sheetal
- Karan Suchak as Sambhav Malik
- Neeraj Malviya as Harshad/Shashank
- Neha Gosain as Vidhi
- Simran Natekar as Young Jeevika Chaudhary
- Ragini Khanna and Jay Soni as Suhana and Ishaan from Sasural Genda Phool
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi from Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
- Kunwar Amar (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shakti Mohan (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shantanu Maheshwari (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Sneha Kapoor (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Archi Pratik (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Alisha Singh (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Amar Gowda (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Vinti Idnani (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Macedon D'mello (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Samentha Fernandes (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Apurva Agnihotri (2012) as Judge of the singing competition
- Shilpa Saklani (2012) as Judge of singing competition
- Suzanne Bernert (2013) as Liz Love Interest of Deep Dhillons' Character
The show is produced and directed by Siddharth Malohtra of Cinevistaas Limited. Krystle D'Souza was cast to play Jeevika Chaudhary along with Nia Sharma as Maanvi Chaudhary. Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon both were finalised to play the main role. Abhinav Shukla was roped to play another important chartecter in the series. Other cast included Seema Kapoor, Anju Mahendru, Manasvi Vyas, Anupam Bhattacharya, Divyajyotee Sharma, Gaurav Kumar, Deep Dhillon and Tarla Joshi. Seema played a strict women and but later her character turned positive.
Awards and nominations
|2012||Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face (Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Gold Awards||Best Debut (Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Best Show||Prem Krishen & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|People's Choice Awards India||Favourite New Television Drama||Prem Krishen & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress Drama||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Best Actor Drama||Kushal Tandon||Nominated|
|Best Serial Drama||Prem Krishen & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|Best Actress Drama (Jury)||Krystle D'Souza||Nominated|
|Best Serial Drama (Jury)||Prem Krishen & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|GR8! Performer Of The Year||Karan Tacker||Nominated|
|Best Director Drama (Jury)||Santaram Verma||Nominated|
|Best Teleplay (Jury)||Bhavini Iyer & Zama Habib||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Ensemble||Cinevistaas Limited||Won|
|Best Actress In Leading Role||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Drama Series||Cinevistaas Limited||Nominated|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Jodi||Karan Tacker & Krystle D'Souza||Won|
- "Ek Hazaaron Mein to end as actors refuse to age". Times of India.
- "Karan Tacker gets nostalgic as his show EHMMBH with Krystle D'Souza completes 7 years". Times of India.
- "Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai to be back on screen; Nia Sharma shares the good news with fans". Times of India.
- "Abir Goswami replaces Aman Verma in Ek Hazaron Main..." Times of India.
- "Ranjeev Verma & Puneet Sachdev in Ek Hazaaron…". Times of India.
- "Neha Gosain to enter Ek Hazaaron Mein…". Times of India.
- "Krystle and Nia Sharma to play leads in Cinevistaas' next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon to play them ain male leads in Star Plus next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Seema Kapoor (Vasu of Bidaai) to play an antagonist in Star Plus Ek Hazaaron". Metro Masti. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Winners & Nominees of 5th Boroplus Gold Awards, 2012
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 – Popular Top-5". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.