|Publisher||Denise Vonder Haar|
|Headquarters||117 North Second Street Edwardsville, IL 62025|
The newspaper was founded in 1862. In 1960, longtime owner and publisher Gilbert Giese sold it to the owner of the Holyoke Transcript-Telegram. In 1964, the newspaper was purchased by Decatur, Illinois-based Lindsay-Schaub Newspapers. It was acquired by the Hearst Corporation in 1979.
- "Lindsay-Schaub Company Buys Edwardsville Intelligencer". The Daily Egyptian. June 2, 1964. p. 4.
- Vonder Haar, Denise. "The Edwardsville Intelligencer". Hearst Corporation. Retrieved February 27, 2015.