on the set of Black Narcissus (1947)
|Died||November 1994 (aged 81–82)|
Sometimes credited as Ted Scaife, he worked originally in the sound department of a London film company. From 1940 onwards, he was a member of the camera crew in productions such as Michael Powell's Black Narcissus (1947) and Huston's African Queen. From 1951 he was first employed as a chief camera man, and photographed films of all genres, including Night of the Demon (1957) and The Dirty Dozen (1967), before retiring from the industry in 1979.
- 1947: Black Narcissus (Camera operator)
- 1949: The Third Man (Camera operator)
- 1951: Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (2nd Unit Photographer)
- 1951: Outcast of the Islands
- 1951: The African Queen (Second Unit photography)
- 1953 The Intruder
- 1954: An Inspector Calls
- 1956: Smiley
- 1957: Night of the Demon
- 1959: The House of the Seven Hawks
- 1960: Carry on Constable
- 1962: The List of Adrian Messenger (European Unit Director of Photography)
- 1963: Tarzan's Three Challenges
- 1964: 633 Squadron
- 1965: Young Cassidy
- 1966: Khartoum
- 1967: The Dirty Dozen
- 1969: A Walk with Love and Death
- 1969: Sinful Davey
- 1970: The Kremlin Letter
- 1971: Catlow
- 1978: The Water Babies (Scaife won Best Cinematography award at Fantafestival, 1981)
- "Ted Scaife".
- "BSC Members - British Society of Cinematographers".
- "The African Queen (1951) - Overview - TCM.com".
- "The List of Adrian Messenger (1963) - Overview - TCM.com".
- "Sinful Davey".
- "TCM Diary: Outcast of the Islands - Film Comment". 12 August 2016.
- "A Walk with Love and Death (1969) - Overview - TCM.com".
- "Edward Scaife - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie".
- "Edward Scaife - Movies and Filmography - AllMovie".
- "Festivales - Cinefania Online".