Edward Russell, 23rd Baron de Clifford
|Member of Parliament |
2 August 1847 – 8 July 1852
|Preceded by||Edward Russell|
|Succeeded by||Samuel Carter|
|Born||30 April 1824|
|Died||6 August 1877 53) (aged|
Kirkby Mallory, Leicestershire, England
Harriet Agnes Elliot (m. 1853)
|Children||Four, including Edward Russell|
Sophia Coussmaker, Baroness de Clifford
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Cambridge|
Russell was the son of Commander John Russell and Sophia Coussmaker, Baroness de Clifford. He was baptised on 27 May 1824 at Ratley, Warwickshire, England and, then educated at Trinity College, Cambridge. In 1853, married Harriet Agnes Elliot, daughter of Admiral Sir Charles Elliot and Clara Genevieve née Windsor, and they had at least four children: Maud Clara Russell (1853–1947); Edward Southwell Russell (1855–1894); Charles Somerset Russell (1857–1886); and Katherine Russell (1861–1950).
He became the 23rd Baron de Clifford upon the death of his mother in 1874. After his death three years later, the title passed to his son and namesake, Edward Southwell Russell. At this point, his will was proven by probate at under £90,000.
- Rayment, Leigh (7 September 2017). "The House of Commons: Constituencies beginning with "T"". Leigh Rayment's Peerage Page. Archived from the original on 15 October 2018. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Election Intelligence". Morning Post. 26 July 1847. pp. 5–6. Retrieved 15 July 2018 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Tavistock Election". The Suffolk Chronicle; or Weekly General Advertiser & County Express. 7 August 1847. p. 1. Retrieved 15 July 2018 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- Lundy, Darryl (27 November 2018). "Edward Southwell Russell, 23rd Baron de Clifford". The Peerage. Archived from the original on 21 December 2018. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Craig, F. W. S., ed. (1977). British Parliamentary Election Results 1832-1885 (1st ed.). London: Macmillan Press. p. 301. ISBN 978-1-349-02349-3.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Hon. Edward Russell
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Tavistock
With: Samuel Carter (Apr. 1852–Jul. 1852)
John Salusbury-Trelawny (1847–Apr. 1852)
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Baron de Clifford