Edmonton Ski Club
Edmonton Ski Club is located on Connors Hill, the slope of the North Saskatchewan River valley, in the heart of downtown Edmonton, in the community of Cloverdale. The top of the hill yields a great view of the downtown core behind the Muttart Conservatory.
|Edmonton Ski Club|
Looking downhill at the Edmonton Ski Club
|Nearest major city||Edmonton|
|Vertical||61 m (200 ft)|
|Skiable area||25 acres (0.1 km2)|
|Longest run||0.183 km (0.1 mi)|
|Lift system||5 (Poma (2), Rope Tow,|
T-bar, Magic Carpet)
|Lift capacity||2,700 skiers/hr|
|Snowfall||91 cm (36 in)|
|Website||Edmonton Ski Club|
The Edmonton Ski Club is a Not-for-Profit Society established in 1911. During the winter months, the hill offers skiing and snowboarding on machine-made, groomed snow. The hill has five surface lifts including a T-Bar for uphill transportation. In summer, the grassy hills are used by a variety of slope sports including dirtsurfing. In August, these same slopes become seating areas for the Edmonton Folk Music Festival.
- GoSki (2005). "Edmonton Ski Club – Statistics". Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- Alberta Ski Resorts (2007). "Edmonton Ski Club". Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation. "Edmonton Ski Club". Archived from the original on 2007-12-11. Retrieved 2008-02-22.
- "Edmonton Ski Club's lease terminated, leaving future uncertain". CBC News. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Dyer, Steven (2019-11-19). "Edmonton Ski Club taking off with Flying Canoe Festival". CTV News Edmonton. Retrieved 2019-12-11.