Edith Kennedy, often credited as Edith M. Kennedy, was an American writer and screenwriter active during the silent era.
Edith May Kennedy
From an advertisement in a 1921 magazine
|Born||April 19, 1880|
Auburn, New York, USA
|Spouse(s)||Albert D. Jewett (div.)|
|Relatives||Clara Genevieve Kennedy (sister)|
Edith May Kennedy was born in to Frederick Kennedy and Clara Lane in Auburn, New York. The family moved several times during Edith's childhood, eventually heading west and settling in Pasadena, California, where Edith began her career as a writer.
Edith wrote short stories before turning her attentions to Hollywood. Once she began writing film scenarios, she found her work in high demand: She penned dozens of scripts between 1917 and 1924, working with directors like George Melford and Walter Edwards.
Her sister Clara Genevieve Kennedy also worked briefly as a scenario writer, penning eight scripts between 1918 and 1921.
Her date of death is unknown.
- Pal o' Mine (1924)
- Youth to Youth (1922)
- Seeing's Believing (1922)
- Glass Houses (1922)
- Fourteenth Lover (1922)
- Don't Call Me Little Girl (1921)
- Her First Elopement (1920)
- Oh, Lady, Lady (1920)
- Food for Scandal (1920)
- Crooked Streets (1920)
- The Ladder of Lies (1920)
- Young Mrs. Winthrop (1920)
- All of a Sudden Peggy (1920)
- His Official Fiancée (1919)
- The Third Kiss (1919)
- The Home Town Girl (1919)
- Rustling a Bride (1919)
- Romance and Arabella (1919)
- Jane Goes a' Wooing (1919)
- The Way of a Man with a Maid (1918)
- Mirandy Smiles (1918)
- Mrs. Leffingwell's Boots (1918)
- Her Country First (1918)
- The Cruise of the Make-Believes (1918)
- A Pair of Silk Stockings (1918)
- Sandy (1918)
- The Bravest Ways (1918)
- The Fair Barbarian (1917)
- Molly Entangled (1917)
- Bond of Fear (1917)
- Giving Becky a Chance (1917)
- The Marcellini Millions (1917)
- "31 Mar 1921, 35 - The Los Angeles Times at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "17 Jul 1921, Page 13 - Oakland Tribune at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "28 Sep 1922, Page 7 - The Ithaca Journal at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "2 Oct 1921, Page 8 - The Atlanta Constitution at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-12-31.