|Ian Edgar |
(Director and company secretary)
(Director of Police & Military)
(Director of Operations)
|Products||Firearms, ammunition, and outdoor apparel.|
Number of employees
Government procurement contracts
Light Weapons, Photography and Batteries (LWPB) Project Team
Edgar Brothers is the sole exclusive distributor for the Light Weapons, Photography & Batteries (LWPB) Project Team, which is part of the Ministry of Defence's Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) division. In August 2011. the company won a £3 million procurement contract to supply in-service weapons, optics and ancillaries to the project. The contract was negotiated without a call for tenders from rival firms under UK Public Contracts Regulations 2006 as Edgar Brothers has exclusive distributor status.
Defence General Munitions (DGM) Project Team
In October 2012, Edgar Brothers won a three-year contract with a two-year option to extend worth £1,030,220, for the supply of specialist munitions to the Defence General Munitions (DGM) Project Team, which is also part of the Ministry of Defence's Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) division. The contract was negotiated without prior publication for rival firms to be able to bid under Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations 2011. This was due to Black Hills owning the intellectual property rights of the necessary ammunition, and Edgar Brothers being the exclusive agent for Black Hills within the UK. The option to extend for two years for was taken up in April 2014 costing the DGM Project Team a further £1,474,832.
In 2012, Edgar Brothers announced that it would be sponsoring two sporting events, the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association's (CPSA's) British Open Sporting Championship, and, as shotgun brand Zoli, the CPSA/NSCA's (National Sporting Clays Association's) World Sporting Championship.
Edgar Brothers also produce a promotional calendar each year.
- "About". Edgar Brothers. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Ian Edgar (Liverpool) Limited: Directors". Company Check. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Ammunition". British Security. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
(Inventory Director)"Linkedin". Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Contact". Edgar Brothers. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
Company ref no: 576493
- "Home". Edgar Brothers. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Weapons, ammunition and associated parts. Enabling Contract for in Service Weapons, Optics and Ancillaries". Enabling Contract for In-Service Weapons, Optics and Ancillaries. UnitedKingdom-Tenders.co.uk. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
Total value of contract £3,000,000 GBP
- "Ammunition. The DGM Project Team, part of UK Ministry of Defence, intends to award a 3-year Contract with a 2-year option to extend for the supply of specialist munitions from Edgar Brothers the exclusive UK agent for Black Hills". Black Hills contract. UnitedKingdom-Tenders.co.uk. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
Total value of contract £1,030,220 GBP
- "DGM/1702". Black Hills contract. UnitedKingdom-Tenders.co.uk. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
Total value of contract £1,474,832 GBP
- "Edgar Brothers to distribute Zoli in UK". Edgar Brothers. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Edgar Brothers announces headline sponsorship of two prestigious clay shooting championships". Clay Pigeon Shooting Association. 13 June 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2013.