Coat of arms
|• Total||894.92 km2 (345.53 sq mi)|
|• Land||820.18 km2 (316.67 sq mi)|
|• Water||74.74 km2 (28.86 sq mi)|
|Area as of 1 January 2014.|
|• Density||9.6/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The municipal reform of 1971 saw the forming of the present municipality through the amalgamation of "old" Eda with Köla and Järnskog.
Government and politics
Distribution of the 35 seats in the municipal council after the 2010 election:
- Social Democratic Party 11
- Centre Party 10
- Hela Edas Lista 8
- Moderate Party 4
- Christian Democrats 1
- Liberal People's Party 1
Results of the 2010 Swedish general election in Eda:
The Eda Fortlet (Eda skans), which was in use from 1650 to 1814, was the largest fortress in the province of Värmland. Its purpose was to defend against Norwegian troops. It was made obsolete with the Union between Sweden and Norway in 1814. A museum opened on the site in 1996.
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 2014-01-01. Archived from the original (Microsoft Excel) on 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2018" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- "Eda Skans Museum" (in Swedish). Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- Eda Municipality - Official site