EconStor is a disciplinary repository for Economics and Business Studies which offers research literature in Open Access and makes it findable in various portals and search engines. The service is operated by the ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
|Producer||ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (Germany)|
|Format coverage||working papers, articles|
|No. of records||180,000|
The majority of the publications originates from German institutions in economic research and is provided in accordance with usage agreements. Individual researchers can also submit their scholarly papers to EconStor.
EconStor maintains a list of influential journals publishing literature in economics . According to latest criteria toll access journals and open access journals can only be included in EconStor collections/archives on condition that they are indexed in Scopus or SSCI and DOAJ as well. EconStor also feed its data to other databases and portals like EconBiz, Google & Google Scholar, BASE — Bielefeld Academic Search Engine, WorldCat, and OpenAIRE . Report publishers and journals publishing quality research are archived with EconStor e.g., Journal of Choice Modelling, International Journal of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, and Weekly Report - DIW Berlin.
Publications include mostly working papers, discussion papers and conference proceedings, but also articles in journals and theses.
The most important professional association for economists in Germany, the Verein für Socialpolitik (German Economic Association), has been using EconStor since 2010 to publish conference papers submitted for its Annual Meeting online.
One of the most important online dissemination channels for EconStor documents is the database RePEc, where EconStor is also one of the largest content providers.
- Timo Borst und Jan Weiland: „EconStor: ein fachliches Repositorium für die Wirtschaftswissenschaften“ in: GMS Med Bibl Inf 2009;9(1) doi:10.3205/mbi000136
- Jan Weiland: „EconStor: A RePEc Archive for Research from Germany“ in: RePEc-Blog
- "Facts and figures about the ZBW" Facts and figures about the ZBW, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, 2017-03-07
- Web of Repositories
- "„Wir werden zum Leser kommen"" (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "ZBW-Publikationsserver EconStor auf Platz 1 im Open Access Repository Ranking 2014". www.uni-protokolle.de. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "ZBW Open Access Server EconStor passes the mark of 100,000 full-texts". ZBW Website. Retrieved 2017-03-21.