Ebu is an album by American jazz saxophonist Hamiet Bluiett recorded in 1984 and released on the Italian Soul Note label.
|Studio album by |
Hamiet Bluiett Quartet
|Recorded||February 1, 2 and 13, 1984 |
Classic Sound Studio, New York
|Hamiet Bluiett chronology|
In his review for AllMusic, Chris Kelsey states "Though Ebu has a taste of the arcane, it is mostly a collection of relatively straightahead Bluiett-penned blowing vehicles done with fire and invention. Bluiett has the biggest sound in town; his phrasing and articulation is a little heavy, as one would expect, but he plays with a strength and conviction that's rarely equalled by other baritonists... This music has a manifest unruliness, a spirit of adventure; it leaps outrageously into the unknown and usually lands square on its feet."
- All compositions by Hamiet Bluiett except as indicated
- "Ebu" - 8:30
- "New Bones" - 9:05
- "Nu Tune" - 3:30
- "Gumbo (Vegetarian Style)" - 8:02
- "Things Will Never Be the Same" - 7:40
- "A Night in Tunisia" (Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Paparelli) - 7:17
- Frohne, M., Soul Note discography accessed November 18, 2014
- Kelsey, Chris. Hamiet Bluiett - Ebu: Review at AllMusic. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.