Eastwood Field is a minor league baseball stadium located in Niles, Ohio, United States. It is currently the home of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, a Cleveland Indians affiliate in the New York–Penn League.
|Former names||Cafaro Field (1999–2003)|
|Location||111 Eastwood Mall Blvd.|
Niles, OH 44446
|Owner||City of Niles|
10,000 (other events)
|Field size||Left Field — 335 ft|
Center Field — 405 ft
Right Field — 335 ft
|Broke ground||June 1998|
|Opened||June 25, 1999|
|Construction cost||US$8.3 million|
($12.5 million in 2018 dollars)
|Services engineer||Colwill Engineering, Inc.|
|General contractor||B&B Contractors & Developers Inc.|
|Mahoning Valley Scrappers (NYPL) (1999–present)|
Youngstown State Penguins (NCAA) (2000–present)
Eastwood Field opened for the 1999 season, when the Erie SeaWolves franchise was relocated to Niles upon the granting of an expansion Eastern League franchise to Erie. With an official seating capacity is 6,000, the park was originally known as Cafaro Field, named for William M. Cafaro, founder of the real estate developer the Cafaro Company. The name was changed to Eastwood Field in 2003 to match the Eastwood Mall, a Cafaro property on U.S. Route 422, behind which the ballpark was built. On August 14, 2012, the stadium hosted the 2012 New York-Penn All Star Game. In 2015, the Fall Experimental Football League announced the Boston Brawlers franchise would relocate and play its home games at Eastwood Field as the Mahoning Valley Brawlers, however, the team would cease operations prior to its first game.
Tenants and events
Eastwood Field also plays home to the Youngstown State Penguins baseball team and the Inter-Tri County League Senior baseball game. In addition to baseball, the stadium hosts a number of concerts and other entertainment events each year. These acts include Bad Company, Nelly, Kool and the Gang, The Beach Boys and Kenny Rogers and Foreigner.
- Skolnick, David (June 26, 1999). "A Full Plate of Baseball". The Vindicator. Youngstown, Ohio. p. A1. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "Play Ball". The Free Lance–Star. Fredericksburg, Virginia. March 19, 1999. p. A12. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Our Work". B&B Contractors & Developers Inc. Archived from the original on December 2, 2014. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "Recreation". Colwill Engineering, Inc. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "Arby's Cruise Invited by Scrappers to Do Pregame Show". Salem News. June 15, 2012. Archived from the original on March 5, 2014. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "FXFL folding Mahoning Valley franchise". WFMJ. September 28, 2015.
- Eastwood Field Website
- Eastwood Field – Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Eastwood Field – Youngstown State
- Eastwood Field Views – Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
| Home of the
New York-Penn League All-Star Game