Eastern Division (New South Wales)

The Eastern Division of New South Wales is one of the three divisions of New South Wales along with the Central and Western divisions, established under the Crown Lands Act of 1884 for the purposes of land management. It is the most populated of the divisions, including Sydney and large coastal cities such as Newcastle and Wollongong. In 1907 it included the Armidale, Port Macquarie, Grafton, Maitland, Sydney, Goulburn, Lismore, Coffs Harbour and Orange land boards, as well as the eastern part of the Wagga Wagga, Dubbo and Tamworth land boards. [1]

References

  1. Map of New South Wales, 1907: showing all divisions for the purposes of the Crown Lands acts.


This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.