East Perth Locomotive Depot
East Perth Locomotive Depot was a major steam locomotive depot for the Western Australian Government Railways from the end of the First World War until the end of the steam railway era on its railway system in 1970/1971.
It was conveniently located just east of the then main railway terminus for the system at what is now Perth station. It was removed in 1969 to make way for the new East Perth railway station and the Westrail Centre that centralised railway administration offices of the government railway system, that had previously been scattered around a large number of buildings near the Perth station.
- "METROPOLITAN RAILWAYS". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 31 December 1917. p. 3. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- Finlayson, Don, ed. (1986). Steam Around Perth. Bassendean, W.A.: Australian Railway Historical Society W.A. Division (Inc). ISBN 0-9599690-4-7.
- Gunzburg, Adrian (1984). A history of W.A.G.R. steam locomotives. Perth, W.A.: Australian Railway Historical Society, Western Australian Division. ISBN 0-9599690-3-9.
- "LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 25 August 1910. p. 2. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "RAILWAY COLLISION". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 25 August 1939. p. 18. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "East Perth Station". Stations, Sidings and Railway Locations Of Western Australia. Archived from the original on 12 February 2015.