East Arm, Northern Territory
|Population||13 (2016 census)|
|Established||21 April 2004|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|Location||8 km (5 mi) E of Darwin City|
|LGA(s)||Northern Territory Rates Act Area|
East Arm consists of land associated with a peninsula extending into the harbour and part of the channels of the following waterbodies that bound the peninsula's coastline: Blesser Creek to the north-west, Frances Bay to the west, the channel known as East Arm to the south and Hudson Creek to the south-east. The name has been used for the locale since the mid-nineteen century. The suburb’s boundary and name were gazetted on 21 April 2004.
Infrastructure and facilities located within the suburb included the following - a wharf facility at its south-west end known as the East Arm wharf, a public boat ramp and a barge loading area that both access Hudson Creek and the northern terminus for the Adelaide-Darwin railway.
The 2016 Australian census which was conducted in August 2016 reports that East Arm had 13 people living within its boundaries.
- "Place Names Place Names Register Extract for "East Arm" (Suburb)". NT Place Names Register. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "East Arm (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- Burns, Christopher. B. (21 April 2004). "Place Names Act, Naming of Public Place ("East Arm localities")" (PDF). The Northern Territory Government Gazette. Northern Territory Government. p. 7. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
...the localities shown by thick black lines on the plans appearing in the Schedule be named East Arm, Hidden Valley, East Arm, East Arm, East Arm, Wickham and Channel Island, as indicated on those plans.
- "East Arm Postcode". postcode-finders.com.au. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Search result for 'East Arm'". NT Atlas and Spatial Data Directory. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Division of Spillett". Northern Territory Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Federal electoral division of Solomon". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics DARWIN AIRPORT (nearest weather station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "Localities within Un-Incorporated area" (PDF). Place Names Committee. Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "East Arm & Fort Hill Wharf Overview". Landbridge Darwin Port. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Find a boat ramp". Northern Territory Government. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
Hudson Creek Ramp
- "$14.3m Multi User Barge Ramp opens at East Arm". Industry Capability Network. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Rail Operator". AustralAsia Railway Corporation. Retrieved 8 June 2019.