EDC Paris Business School
EDC Paris Business School, also called Ecole des Dirigeants et des Créateurs d'entreprise, is a French business School in the city of Paris based in the major business district of Europe La Défense. It offers four complete programs in English at undergraduate, graduate and post graduate levels (luxury brand management)
École des dirigeants et créateurs d'entreprise
|Motto||Ethics, Solidarity and Spirit of conquest|
|Type||Private Business school|
|Director||Jean Marcel Jammet|
|Colors||Blue and White|
|Affiliations||Sup de luxe, Sport Management School, Chair Cartier, UGEI|
|Mascot||An Owl (Cacahuète la chouette)|
Its Msc in Management (The prestigious Grande Ecole program) is ranked 2nd France by SMBG Ranking and its MBA Luxury Brand Marketing and International Management is ranked 9th worldwide by eduniversal. EDC Work and the Sup de Luxe department of EDC) is an association with the Jewellery Cartier since its creation in 1990. Established in 1950, EDC Paris Business School provides business and management courses to 1300 students, both in French and in English. The school is a property of 270 Business Man.
The EDC Paris Business School Grande Ecole (Master in Management) (MiM) is a prestigious degree founded with HEC Paris entrepreneur and Robert Papin's business missions. It is ranked in the Best 20 Business Schools among 200 in France by Le figaro. In 2015, EDC open new MBA International Entrepreneurship, Global Exchange, International Business Trade, Purchasing and Supply chain.
French students, unless they have studied abroad, must succeed at a competitive entrance examination, known as the concours. There are two concours, depending on undergraduate studies:
Concours Link (2450 candidates in 2014 for 250 selected)
- 60 places for 1 500 selected are offered to the best students holding a BTS, DUT or classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles for 3 years.
- 40 places for 1 300 selected are offered to the best students holding a bachelor's degree or a Licence program for 2 years.
Their curriculum includes a written examination with 4 test: literary essay on an economic subject, test arpeggio (general knowledge, memorization, algebra, logic), English test and Test in the choice (Mathematics, management, law, economy, management, marketing, philosophy...) and then an oral examinations: English Test, interview in Spanish or in German and then an important interview in every school of the concours in front of professional's jury (ex: CEO).
World Partner universities
- San Diego Alliant International University (US) Dual degrees
- Santa Barbara College (US) Dual degrees
- Curtin University (Australia) Dual degrees
- West Saxon University (Netherlands) Dual degrees
- Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies (Romania) Dual degrees
- Montesquieu University (France) Dual degrees
- Paris West University Nanterre (France) Dual degrees
Notable EDC Paris Business School faculty, staff and owner
- Alain-Dominique Perrin, ex President of Richemont and President of EDC Paris Business School.
- Robert Louis-Dreyfus, Businessman and CEO of Adidas-Salomon
- Jean Todt, motor sport executive
- Jean Marcel Jammet, Director of EDC Paris Business School
- Michel Trollé, founder of Century 21
- Antoine Hébrard, CEO of Who's Who in France
- Didier Vuchot, Président of Europe de Kornferry
- Bertrand Delamarre, CEO of Call Expert
- Didier Rosenberg, Founding partner of Datawords
Founded in 1950, EDC PARIS is one of the oldest business schools in France.
Accreditations and associations
- Fully accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Research, it delivers a state-approved Master's degree in business studies.
- It is a member of the European ‘Conférence des Grandes Ecoles’ which groups together the best engineering and business schools
- Member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles
- Member of the management chapter of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles
- Member of the Fondation Nationale pour l’Enseignement de la Gestion des Entreprises (FNEGE)
- Accredited by European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Member of the NAFSA Association of International Educators
- Member of the EAIE (European Association for International Education)
- Member of ERASMUS
- Member of Campus France
- Member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Partnership of Incubateur de l’École Nationale Supérieure des Arts et Métiers (ENSAM) (Produced in Brittany)
- Member of Campus responsables
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150627011329/http://etudiant.lefigaro.fr/services/palmares/ecoles+de+commerce-2014. Archived from the original on June 27, 2015. Retrieved June 29, 2015. Missing or empty
- Navin Caleechurn. "Classement Eduniversal des meilleurs Licences, Bachelors et Grandes Écoles - Spécialité Ecoles de Commerce - Post-Bac". Meilleures-grandes-ecoles.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Ranked N°9 - MBA Luxury Brand Marketing and International Management - EDC Paris Business School". Best-masters.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "EDC Paris Business School en 1 clic". Edcparis.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Ecole de commerce: EDC Paris Business School, Courbevoie (92 - Hauts-de-Seine)". Ecoles-de-commerce.info. 2016-02-24. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Palmarès des écoles de commerce - 2014 – Le Figaro Etudiant". Etudiant.lefigaro.fr. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "L'EDC Paris lance plusieurs nouveaux MBA | Actualités | Ecoles de commerce | Filières | Formations". Studyrama.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Le Concours Link - Concours d'Écoles de Commerce Post-Bac". Dimension-commerce.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Concours Passerelle : des places supplémentaires en 2015". Jactiv.ouest-france.fr. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Doubles diplômes Archives - EDC Paris Business School - Ecole de commerce Post Bac". Edcparis.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "EDC Paris : une école qui appartient à ses diplômés". Studyramagrandesecoles.com. 2010-10-16. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Alain-Dominique Perrin (ex-PDG de Richemont, président de l'EDC): "C'est normal et sain qu'une école de commerce gagne de l'argent" - L'Express L'Entreprise". Lentreprise.lexpress.fr. 2006-01-25. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "EDC Paris : Key Data Archives - EDC Paris Business School - Ecole de commerce Post Bac". Edcparis.edu. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "EDC Paris, école supérieure de commerce post-Bac, grade de master, programme grande école, conférence grandes écoles, entrepreneuriat, école de la CGE - EDC". Archived from the original on May 20, 2015. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Grandes écoles de commerce - Classement 2018 - le Point". Archived from the original on May 9, 2015. Retrieved June 29, 2015.