Bunker Hill Vineyard and Winery, March 2018
Location within Manatee County, Florida
|Coordinates: 27°35′25″N 82°07′22″W|
|Elevation||121 ft (37 m)|
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||294750|
The annual Duette Cracker Fest, an open-air fair and concert, was held to raise funds for education to prevent the proposed closing of the local one-teacher elementary school by the Manatee County School District. In 2016, it was announced that the school was to be permanently closed after a lack of students and financial reasons. The area is also home to Duette Preserve, the largest preserve in the Manatee county system.
- "Duette". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. October 19, 1979. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- "Manatee County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on July 15, 2015. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Grimes, David (November 23, 1979). "The Legends Behind Manatee Names". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. pp. 3B. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- "Duette Cracker Fest: Florida musicians to play concert for Duette Elementary". Bradenton Herald. April 2, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- Kruse, Michael. "As Florida's last one-teacher school, Duette Elementary, faces closure, a community must consider its values". Tampa Bay Times. Archived from the original on July 4, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Duette Preserve". Manatee County, Florida. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Duette Preserve". Florida Birding. Archived from the original on November 8, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2014.