Dude Cowboy is a 1941 American western film. David Howard directed the film (his final one) and Morton Grant wrote the screenplay. The film stars Tim Holt as Terry McVey, Eddie Kane as Gordon West, Marjorie Reynolds as Barbara Adams, Byron Foulger as Frank Adams, Louise Currie as Gail Sargent, Eddie Dew as French, Helen Holmes as Aunt Althea Carter, Lloyd Ingraham as Pop Stebbins, Eddie Kane as Gordon West, and Tom London as the Silver City Sheriff.
|Directed by||David Howard|
|Produced by||Bert Gilroy|
|Written by||Morton Grant|
|Screenplay by||Morton Grant|
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Cinematography||Harry J. Wild|
|Edited by||Frederic Knudtson|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
Federal agent, Terry McVey (Tim Holt), who goes undercover as a cowboy staying at the Silver Bar Dude Ranch to investigate the disappearance of Frank Adams (Byron Foulger), a noted engraver, which is possibly connected to a counterfeit money case.
- Tim Holt as Terry McVey
- Marjorie Reynolds as Bernice Allen
- Ray Whitley as Smokey
- Lee 'Lasses' White as Prof. Whopper Hatch
- Louise Currie as Gail Sargent
- Helen Holmes as Aunt Althea Carter
- Eddie Kane as Gordon West
- Eddie Dew as French
- Byron Foulger as Frank Adams
- Tom London as Silver City Sheriff
- Lloyd Ingraham as Pop Stebbins
- Glenn Strange as Henchman Krinkle
- "Dude Cowboy: Detail View". American Film Institute. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Melvyn Douglas Again to Be Garbo Vis-a-vis: Jane Withers' Oddity Autry's Lead a 'Find' Comedian Horton Signs Lowery to Woo Brenda Helen Chandler Tested Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 24 Apr 1941: A10.
- Richard Jewell & Vernon Harbin, The RKO Story. New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House, 1982. p167.
- Dude Cowboy on IMDb
- Dude Cowboy at AllMovie
- Dude Cowboy at the TCM Movie Database
- Dude Cowboy at the American Film Institute Catalog