A view of Driemond and its surroundings
The village centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Driemond in the municipality of Amsterdam
|Coordinates: 52°18′N 5°1′E|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
In 2001, the village of Driemond had 1422 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.2 km², and contained 571 residences. The statistical district "Driemond", which covers the village and the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 1500.
Before 1966 Driemond was part of the municipality of Weesperkarspel and named "Geinbrug". The name "Driemond" means "Threemouth" and comes from the three small rivers Gein, Gaasp and Smal Weesp that meet each other in the village. The name Driemond was also the name of a country estate ("buitenplaats") that once stood near the village, but except for the fountain that can be admired in Frankendael in the Watergraafsmeer in Amsterdam, nothing remains of this building.
The village contains two primary schools, kindergarten, a small post office and supermarket and a football club called SV Geinburgia. You also have Geinburgia Tenis.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 July 2006. Retrieved 2012-02-12.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link). As of 1 January 2005.