(as B. Draper & Son Limited)
|Products||Hand tools, power tools, automotive tool,|
The history of Draper Tools starts in 1919, when Bert Draper ran a business of trading government surplus and tools in Kingston upon Thames. The company was known initially as B. Draper & Son Limited, and operated as a wholesaler for brands such as King Dick, as well as its own B.D.S. brand.
The company moved to the Chandler's Ford site in 1963, under the management of Bert's son, Norman Draper. The company formed international partnerships with manufacturers such as Germany's Elora and Knipex. Since Norman's death in 1994, the company is run by his son, John Draper.
In 2009, the company opened a new 350,000 sq ft industrial unit warehouse facility in North Baddesley Hampshire.
The company were once sponsors of Southampton football club for nine years between 1984 and 1993. The company have also been a perimeter board advertiser and sponsor of Southampton's big screen LCD football scoreboard.
Draper sponsored Solent Stars basketball team between 1986 and 1987.
- "History". Draper Tools. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- Robinson, Julian (30 October 2009). "Draper's HQ on the move". Southern Daily Echo. Southampton. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- "Southampton". Historical Football Kits. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- "Sentimental Saints shirt goes on sale". Southern Daily Echo. Southampton. 26 November 2002. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- Jim Rumsey (2012). A Sporting Rollercoaster. North Carolina, USA: Lulu Press Inc. p. 85. ISBN 978-1-4710-4456-4.