Dr. Madhumati On Duty
Dr. Madhumati On Duty (previously Dr. Bhanumati On Duty) is an Indian Hindi hospital based drama television series, which was premiered on 1 August 2016 and broadcast on SAB TV. The series is produced by Optimystix Entertainment owned by Vipul D Shah and it is aired on weekdays. The show is the second season of its previous show Dr. Bhanumati On Duty. The show was re launched as Kavita Kaushik announced on social media that she will be leaving the show, the show went off air.Though good ratings Kaushik left the show as her character was similar to that of her previous show. From 1 August, the show was relaunched as Dr. Madhumati On Duty. Kaushik left the show due to her character not developing, and the show being very similar to her previous show, F.I.R., and most dialogues were copied. She got replaced by Debina Bonnerjee.
|Dr. Madhumati On Duty|
|Created by||Vipul D. Shah|
|Written by||Vipul D. Shah|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||94|
|Producer(s)||Vipul D. Shah|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, India|
|Running time||22 minutes approx.|
|Production company(s)||Optimystix Entertainment|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Original network||SAB TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Original release||1 August –|
14 October 2016
|Preceded by||Dr. Bhanumati On Duty|
The re-launched show was introduced with a love angle, as Madhumati serves as Mohan's love interest. The Dean of the hospital was introduced. Unlike Bhanumati (who used drama), Madhumati is strict and cures patients in stereotypical doctor way, while Mohan tries to cure them with laughter and emotions.
Dr. Bhanumati On Duty
Dr. Bhanumati On Duty premiered on 7 June 2016. Kavita Kaushik played the lead role at the start of the first series. She played a doctor who is known for her unique style in curing her patients.
As Kaushik announced on social media that she would be leaving the show, the show went off air. Kaushik left the show due to her character not developing, and the show being very similar to her previous show, F.I.R., and most dialogues were copied.
- Debina Bonnerjee as Dr. Madhumati, replacing Kavita Kaushik as Dr. Bhanumati
- Vipul Roy as Dr. Mohan
- Anang Desai as Dean
- Gopi Bhalla as Lovely Singh Dhingra
- Manju Sharma
- Ketan Singh as Doodhnath
- Tapasya Nayak Srivastava as Sonia Jr. Doctor
- Prajakta Dusane as Sharmili
- Rahul Singh as Bhola
- Rahul Sharma
- Urmila tiwari as Dr.Priya, Dr.Mohan and Dr.Madhumati's friend
- Reshmi Ghosh as Chanda Chauhan
- Monica Castelino
- Smita Singh
- Shakeel Siddiqui (Special Appearance)
- Shiv Panditt as Inspector Makkhan Singh/ Shiv (Cameo in Ep. 12 & 13, for the promotions of the film 7 Hours To Go)
- "Dr. Bhanumati On Duty". The Times of India. 18 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Kavita Kaushik impressed with spirit of Indian Army". The Indian Express. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "From Dr. Bhanumati to Dr. Madhumati: Revamped offering starring Debina fails to amuse". 2 August 2016.
- "SAB TV's Dr Bhanumati to be changed to Dr Madhumati?, to get replaced by Rati Pandey or Debina Bonnerjee". 27 July 2016.
- "Debina Bonnerjee sizzles in a red sari as she shoots for 'Dr Madhumati On Duty' promo". 31 July 2016.
- "SAB TV's Dr Bhanumati to be changed to Dr Madhumati?". India Today.