Dr. Gillespie's Criminal Case
Dr. Gillespie's Criminal Case is a 1943 film in the Dr. Kildare series. Based on characters created by Max Brand. The third of MGM's Dr. Gillespie series (6 in all) to dispense with the services of Dr. Kildare (Lew Ayres) (8 in all) after Dr. Kildare's Victory (1942).
|Dr. Gillespie's Criminal Case|
|Directed by||Willis Goldbeck|
|Written by||Harry Ruskin|
Lawrence P. Bachmann
|Music by||Daniele Amfitheatrof|
|Edited by||Frank E. Hull|
|8 May 1943|
Dr. Gillespie is kidnapped by mentally unstable convict patient Roy Todwell (John Craven) and his gang.
One nurse dies of and 4 children successfully recover from erysipelas.
- Lionel Barrymore as Dr. Leonard B. Gillespie
- Van Johnson as Dr. Randall 'Red' Adams
- Keye Luke as Dr. Lee Wong How
- Alma Kruger as Molly Byrd
- John Craven as Roy Todwell
- Nat Pendleton as Joe Wayman
- Margaret O'Brien as Margaret
- Donna Reed as Marcia Bradburn
- Michael Duane as Sgt. Patrick J. Orisin
- William Lundigan as Alvin F. Peterson
- Walter Kingsford as Dr. Walter Carew
- Marilyn Maxwell as Ruth Edly
- Henry O'Neill as Warden Kenneson
- Marie Blake as Sally
- Frances Rafferty as Irene
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.