Downtown Brooklyn: A Journal of Writing
Downtown Brooklyn: A Journal of Writing (ISSN 1536-8475) was an annual American literary magazine which was published between 1992 and 2014.
History and profile
Downtown Brooklyn was founded by the poet Barbara Henning, Rudy Baron and Wayne Berninger. The first annual issue appeared in 1992. The magazine was published annually and was edited by faculty in the English Department at the Brooklyn Campus of Long Island University.
The editors accepted submissions of poetry, literary prose, and visual art from faculty, staff and students at the campus, although cover art has at times been solicited from local artists who have shown their work in campus galleries.
Full sets of back-issues are available in the Periodicals Collection of Salena Library at Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus) and in the Little Magazine Collection of Memorial Library at The University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Wayne Berninger (26 August 2015). "Downtown Brooklyn: A Journal of Writing". The Longest Island. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Wayne Berninger. "Downtown Brooklyn: a Journal of Writing - Long Island University". Bundlr. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Downtown Brooklyn: A Journal of Writing, English Department website, Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus)
- Little Magazine Collection, Memorial Library, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Salena Library, Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus)