|Born||5 August 1936|
|Died||September 21, 2013 77) (aged|
|Alma mater||University of Ljubljana|
Life and work
She received her bachelor's degree in German and English in 1959 at the University of Ljubljana's Faculty of Arts. She then studied education for a year in Novo Mesto. She started working as an assistant instructor of German at the Department of German Language and Literature at the University of Ljubljana's Faculty of Arts in 1960. She started working independently as a translator into and from Slovene and German in 1982. From 1988 to 1991 she was the chair of the Union of Scientific and Technical Translators of Yugoslavia. She was the chief author of the largest Slovene–German and German–Slovene dictionaries, which she published together with her husband and her son Primož. She was also a major translator of the five-volume Slovene translation of Johann Weikhard von Valvasor's The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola.
Doris Debenjak was a member of the Society of Native Gottschee Settlers (Slovene: Društvo Kočevarjev staroselcev, German: Gottscheer Altsiedler Verein), which was founded in 1992 in Kočevske Poljane. She was elected a member of the society's governing board on 8 December 2002.
- Doris Debenjak. 1974. Nemško-slovenski in slovensko-nemški slovar. Ljubljana: Cankarjeva založba.
- Doris Debenjak, Božidar Debenjak, & Primož Debenjak, 1993. Veliki nemško-slovenski slovar. Ljubljana: DZS.
- Doris Debenjak, Božidar Debenjak, & Primož Debenjak. 1995. Veliki slovensko-nemški slovar. Ljubljana: DZS.
- Doris Debenjak, Božidar Debenjak, & Primož Debenjak. 2004. Mali nemško-slovenski & slovensko-nemški slovar. Ljubljana: DZS.
- Johann Weikhard von Valvasor. 2009–2013. Čast in slava vojvodine Kranjske. Transl. Doris Debenjak, Božidar Debenjak, Primož Debenjak, et al. Ljubljana: Zavod Dežela Kranjska.
- Matos, Urša. 2000. "'Zmerjajo nas z nacisti.' Društvo Kočevarjev staroselcev proti politizaciji zgodovine." Mladina 36 (4 September). (in Slovene)
- Gottscheer Gedenkstätte Graz Mariatrost. 2008. 45(5) (August/September/October): 17 Archived October 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine (in German)
- Delo. 28 September 2013, p. 31.
- "Izšla 1. knjiga 1. slovenskega prevoda Slave vojvodine Kranjske" 2009. Siol.net (12 November) (in Slovene)
- Vogel, Milan. 2012. "Prevedena še zadnja, četrta knjiga Slave vojvodine Kranjske." Delo (8 June). (in Slovene)
- Slava vojvodine Kranjske. Archived July 22, 2013, at the Wayback Machine (in Slovene)
- Društvo Kočevarjev staroselcev: Občni zbor 2001 Archived October 17, 2013, at the Wayback Machine