Don Quixote (1957 film)
Don Quixote (Russian: Дон Кихот, translit. Don Kikhot) is a 1957 Soviet drama film directed by Grigori Kozintsev. It is based on Evgeny Shvartz's stage adaptation of Miguel de Cervantes's novel of the same name. It was entered into the 1957 Cannes Film Festival.
1957 film poster by Vladimir Kononov
|Directed by||Grigori Kozintsev|
|Written by||Miguel de Cervantes|
|Music by||Gara Garayev|
|Edited by||Ye. Makhankova|
The film was exhibited in the mid-1960s by Australian University film clubs receiving the productions of Sovexportfilm. It was the first film version of Don Quixote to be filmed in both widescreen and color.
- Nikolai Cherkasov as Don Quixote de la Mancha / Alonso Quixano
- Yuri Tolubeyev as Sancho Panza
- Serafima Birman as The Housekeeper
- Lyudmila Kasyanova as Aldonsa (as L. Kasyanova)
- Svetlana Grigoryeva as The Niece
- Vladimir Maksimov as The Priest
- Viktor Kolpakov as The Barber
- Tamilla Agamirova as Lady Altisidora (as T. Agamirova)
- Georgiy Vitsin as Sanson Carrasco
- Bruno Freindlich as The Duke (as V. Freindlich)
- Lidiya Vertinskaya as The Duchess
- Galina Volchek as Maritornes (as G. Volchek)
- Olga Vikland as Peasant girl
- Aleksandr Benyaminov as Shepherd
- S. Tsomayev as Andres, the shepherd boy
- "Festival de Cannes: Don Quixote". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 8 February 2009.