Dole Whip (also known as Dole Soft Serve) is a soft serve dairy-free frozen dessert created by Dole Food Company in 1986. The original pineapple flavor is best known but six additional fruit flavors are sold:
Dole Whip was introduced sometime in 1986, 10 years after Dole Food Company took over from United Airlines as the sponsor of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, an attraction inside the Adventureland section of Disneyland. Dole Whip built on the attraction's initial refreshment offering of pineapple juice & fruit spears.
Dole Whip has achieved a cult following among Disney park-goers, allowing merchandise to be created in the Disney Snacks Merchandise category. Disneyland and Walt Disney World serve Dole Whip by itself, or with Dole pineapple juice. The latter combination is called a Dole Whip float.
Since at least 2013, Dole Whip has been made with exclusively vegan ingredients, and it has always been gluten free. For adults visiting the Disneyland and Walt Disney World parks there is a Rum version of the Dole Whip.
According to MyFitnessPal and the Dole Soft Serve company, one serving of the Dole Whip has 90 calories.
- "DOLE Whip™ vs. DOLE® Soft Serve". dolesoftserve. Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc. 2016-03-31. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Trinh, Jean. "The History Of Dole Whip And Its Cult Following At Disneyland". LAist. Archived from the original on 2016-04-29. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "How Disney Made Dole Whip Feel so Exclusive-And The Simple Reason Why Lemon is The New Flavor" Mic. 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "This New Line of Disney Snacks Merch is Already SELLING OUT in Disney World! | the disney food blog". Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Dole Whip's not just for Disney anymore". Discover San Diego. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "A dozen frozen treat shops around the Wyoming Valley to visit this summer". Times Leader. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Reader Question: Is Dole Whip Vegan and Gluten Free?" The Disney Food Blog. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Flager, Madison (2017-06-10). "Disney Has An Alcoholic Dole Whip And We Need To Try It ASAP". Delish. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- Leary, Chelsea; Articles, More; August 02, 2018 (2018-08-02). "What is Dole Whip? Everything To Know About the Fan-Favorite Treat in Disney Parks". Showbiz Cheat Sheet. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "DOLE SOFT SERVE® :: Product Information". www.dolesoftserve.com. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dole Whip.|