Dock Mennonite Academy
Dock Mennonite Academy, formerly known as Christopher Dock Mennonite High School, is a private high school in Towamencin Township, Pennsylvania that is affiliated with the Franconia Mennonite Conference and the Eastern District Conference of the Mennonite Church USA. The school was named after schoolmaster Christopher Dock of Skippack, Pennsylvania. Christopher Dock averages around 400 students in grades 9-12 from 20 different school districts, and 36 faculty members giving it a ratio of under 13 to 1.
October 2, 1952 - Constitution of the proposed school approved and a Board of Trustees selected. Paul R. Clemens appointed as Board President.
December 8, 1952 - Richard Detweiler chosen as administrator for the proposed school.
January 1, 1953 - 40 acres (160,000 m2) of the Johnston farm on Forty Foot Road approved as school site and purchased for $57,570.
December 14, 1953 - H.M. Minniger given contract to make the "two barns" into classrooms, auditorium, and gymnasium.
January 11, 1954 - Edgar Clemens appointed as the first member of the faculty.
June 12, 1954 - $315 appropriated for starting a library.
August 2, 1954 - Reconstructed building named Grebel Hall.
September 15, 1954 - 115 students attend first day of classes.
December 19, 1954 - Dedication service for new school.
November 16, 1955 - School officially recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
September/October 1958 - Construction of pond and landscaping front of campus.
March 12, 1962 - "Knowledge With Reverence" made official school motto.
June 1963 - Harvey Bauman assumes responsibilities of principal as Richard Detweiler begins part-time role of superintendent.
December 8, 1963 - Dedication of the new multi-purpose building (named Clemens Center)
June 1965 - T. Carroll Moyer assumes responsibilities of principal as Richard Detweiler continues in a part-time role of superintendent.
June 11, 1966 - Lee M. Yoder inaugurated as superintendent.
January 8, 1971 - Accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
October 9–17, 1971 - Bicentennial Celebrations commemorating the man, Christopher Dock.
February 28, 1974 - Franconia Conference Assembly approves purchase of 108 acres (0.44 km2) of land adjoining the school at a cost of $1,000,000.
February 11, 1975 - Paul J. Miller named principal after serving as Acting Principal for one year.
October 29, 1978 - Dedication of new classroom building named Dielman Hall and music annex in Clemens Center.
April 19–22, 1979 - Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Celebration
June 1, 1979 - Elam J. Peachey named Principal.
1980-1981 - Student enrollment reaches all-time high of 421.
October 18, 1986 - Dedication of new kitchen facilities in Clemens Center.
June 10, 1990 - Food services director Emma Landis retires after 35 years of service.
July 1, 1990 - Elaine A. Moyer named principal after serving as acting principal for one year.
October 17, 1992 - Administration building named Detweiler House in honor of Richard Detweiler.
October 15, 1994 - Fortieth Anniversary Celebration, "Festival on Forty Foot".
February 2, 1997 - Dedication of Longacre Center, a multi-purpose activity center with double gymnasium, theater, fitness center, and classrooms.
September 12, 2000 - CD Board adopts a Long Range Plan for the next eight years.
October 12, 2002 - Dedication of Dock Stadium and three new classrooms in Clemens Center. Men's soccer wins their first State Title (Single A).
June 2003 - Mr Kauffman retires from teaching after 45 years at Dock.
July 9–11, 2004 - 50th Anniversary Celebration.
June 2005 - Baseball team wins its first state championship.
July 2005 - Grebel Hall Demolished to make way for $12,000,000 Capital Improvement Campaign
August 2005 - New Art Center and Caretaker Cottage Opens
June 2006 - Baseball team wins second consecutive state title.
August 2006 - New Academic Center opens - named "Rosenberger Academic Center"
December 2006 - Refurbished Dielman Hall opens.
March 2007 - Beloved FACS teacher Jeanine Musselman passes away from brain cancer.
January 2009 - Principal Elaine Moyer announces she has accepted the position of Associate Director of Mennonite Education Agency, and will be concluding her service at the end of the school year. May 2009 - soccer team wins their 4th state championship August 2009 - Dr. Swartzentruber is named the new school Principal and begins his new post
June 2010 - Baseball team wins its third state championship in six seasons.
- Official website
- Belleville Mennonite School (Belleville, Pennsylvania, USA) at Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online