Diving Equipment and Marketing Association
Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA, formerly the Diving Equipment Manufacturers Association), is an international organization dedicated to the promotion and growth of the recreational scuba diving and snorkeling industry. With more than 1,300 members, this non-profit, global organization promotes scuba diving through consumer awareness programs and media campaigns such as the national Be a Diver campaign; diver retention initiatives such as DiveCaching; and an annual trade-only event for businesses in the scuba diving, action watersports and adventure/dive-travel industries, DEMA Show.
|Motto||Diving. Explore The Rest Of Your World.|
|Legal status||Mutual-benefit nonprofit corporation|
Incorporated in California,
|Purpose||Advocacy for the recreational diving industry|
|Headquarters||California, United States of America|
|Diving Equipment Manufacturers Association|
Purposes and objectives
- To promote the advancement of the diving industry, to promote and encourage the growth of diving activities, and to enhance the growth and public enjoyment of the sport of diving.
- To establish continuing business education programs to aid industry members, their officers and employees.
- To facilitate the exchange of information among industry members, through experts, internet-based programming, manuals and conferences, and other media on such subjects as quality control, general industry statistics, governmental regulations, product standards and/or certification, standardized methods of keeping books and records, and related topics of industry interest.
- To support the diving industry with communication services, media relations and resources.
- To support the diving industry in monitoring and communicating on legislation that impacts diving and to represent the industry before the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government throughout the United States and in foreign jurisdictions.
- To support the diving industry in the monitoring and protection of the environment through education and activities.
- Peter B. Bennett – medical researcher and founder of the Divers Alert Network
- Hillary Hauser – Journalist, Underwater Diver, Environmentalist
- Scuba diving – Using bottled air to swim underwater
- List of diver certification organizations – Agencies which issue certification for competence in diving skills
- Recreational diver training – Processes by which people develop the skills and knowledge to dive safely for recreational purposes
- Brylske, Alex. "Training Standards: Understanding the "Why" Behind What Divers are Taught". Dive Training magazine. Archived from the original on 27 December 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-10-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)