Director of Public Prosecutions (Belize)
The office of DPP is established in Article 108 of the Constitution of Belize; candidates for the position must have the same qualifications as Justices of the Supreme Court. The DPP is appointed by the Governor-General on the advice of the Judicial and Legal Services Section of the Public Services Commission, with the concurrence of the Prime Minister after consultation with the Leader of the Opposition. Though the DPP is formally part of the PSC, under Article 106(6) the PSC does not have the power to remove the DPP. Instead, under 108(6) through (8), the PM must refer the question of removal to the Governor-General, who requests the Belize Advisory Council to investigate whether the DPP is unable to discharge his duties of office or whether his misbehaviour rises to the level of requiring his removal from office.
List of Directors of Public Prosecutions
- "Part VII". Constitution of Belize. Attorney General of Belize. Archived from the original on 2011-11-27. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Meet the Founders" (PDF). Newsletter of the Belize Audubon Society. 40 (4). June 2009. pp. 6–7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-24. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- Pigot, Thomas Herbert (7 September 1985). "His Hon. Judge Michael Long". The Times. p. 12.
- "Justice George Singh dies". News 5 Belize. 1999-03-09. Retrieved 2012-04-20.
- "Meet The Justices". Attorney General of Belize. Archived from the original on 2012-02-04. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- "Former DPP Says Anderson is Acting Immature". San Pedro Daily. 2006-08-18. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Supreme Court opens with optimism". News 5 Belize. 2000-01-17. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Kirk Anderson will be new D.P.P." News 5 Belize. 2002-03-26. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Senate confirms D.P.P. appointment, but still no contract". 2007-01-09. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "Cheryl-Lynn Vidal to be confirmed". News 5 Belize. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2012-04-21.