The park opened its doors in 1932 as a wedding present from Johan Burgers (the founder of Royal Burgers' Zoo) to his daughter and her husband from Tilburg. In 1946 the park was sold to C. van Dijk & Sons who helped to develop the park as well. The park was closed in 1973.
In 2008 a few museums from Tilburg organized an exposition together with writer Nicole van Dijk. As a part of this project a book was published "Het Tilburgs dierenpark, een familiegeschiedenis" (The Tilbury zoo, a family history).