Ragowo Hediprasetyo (born 22 March 1984), mostly known as Didit Hediprasetyo and Didit Prabowo, is an Indonesian fashion designer and socialite. He is the only child of Indonesian politicians Prabowo Subianto and Titiek Soeharto, and the maternal grandson of former President of Indonesia, Soeharto. He is the second designer after Karl Lagerfeld and the first Asian designer to design the interior and exterior of BMW Individual Series 7 which produced only five units around the world.
Ragowo Hedi Prasetyo Djojohadikusumo
March 22, 1984
|Education||Parsons The New School for Design|
|Relatives||Sumitro Djojohadikusumo (paternal grandfather)|
Soeharto (maternal grandfather)
Siti Hartinah (maternal grandmother)
Hashim Djojohadikusumo (paternal uncle)
Tutut Soeharto (maternal aunt)
Tommy Soeharto (maternal uncle)
J. Soedradjad Djiwandono (uncle in law)
|Awards||Silver Thimble Award of Parsons Paris|
He rose to the international prominence after his first design show on Paris Couture Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2010.
Hediprasetyo was born in Jakarta, Indonesia, the only son of Prabowo Subianto, former commander of Kopassus and Kostrad of Indonesia, businessman and the candidate of 2014 Indonesian presidential election from Great Indonesia Movement Party (GERINDRA) and Titiek Soeharto, the daughter of Indonesia's second president, Soeharto and Siti Hartinah. From his father side, he is the grandson of Sumitro Djojohadikusumo, a prominent economist, Minister of Industry and Trade (1950-1951) and Minister of Finance of Indonesia (1952-1953 and 1955-1956). He is also the paternal nephew of the 39th richest person of Indonesia, Hashim Djojohadikusumo and the maternal nephew of a businessman and socialite Tommy Suharto.
Since childhood, Hediprasetyo always wanted to learn many things that it was difficult for him to choose his study. He wanted to be a painter, photographer, historian, theatre director and businessman. He then joined a Shakespeare theatre workshop at Harvard Extension School. This is the beginning of his interest in fashion and then he took fashion design major. He graduated from the Parsons Paris in 2007. To enrich his knowledge, he took painting, photography and art history courses. In 2018 he was nominated as Art Fellow by T. Washington Scholars program.
The designer presented his first Spring/Summer 2010 couture show in the salons of the Hotel Crillon in January 2010, offering corseted gowns and fitted skirts and shorts, and has since regularly presented collections during Couture week. "I’m trying to focus on younger clientele and offer them couture with a modern twist," he said in 2012, "My ideal woman is someone who is very cultured, who understands the east and west cultures and who appreciates the aesthetic of the old days of couture, but who at the same time doesn’t take it too seriously. She lives in a realistic world. She might be wearing couture going for a coffee with a friend or going to the beach wearing a simple tank top and short."
- "Didit Hediprasetyo". Didit Hediprasetyo Official Website. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Didit Hediprasetyo Spring/Summer 2014". Vogue. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Consummate luxury: the BMW Individual 7 Series by Didit Hediprasetyo". BMWGroup.com. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- "Didit Hediprasetyo, Putra Prabowo yang Mendunia". Tempo.co. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- "Son's presence brings out Prabowo's fatherly side". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "#39 Hashim Djojohadikusumo". Forbes. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Kolesnikov-Jessop, Sonia (February 2012), Didit Hediprasetyo - The Interview, couturenotebook.com
- Kolesnikov-Jessop, Sonia (January 2014) Spring 2014 Haute Couture: Didit Hediprasetyo Gives Songket a Houndstooth Twist, couturenotebook.com