Diari de Girona
History and profile
The newspaper was founded in 1943 with the name of Los Sitios, using the equipment confiscated from the newspaper L'Autonomista, owned by the family Rahola. At that time, was the only daily publication of the province of Girona, and the press of the Spanish state in Girona. During the transition to democracy it kept its name until the end of the 1970s, when changed to Los Sitios-Diari de Girona, and gradually introduced the Catalan language. Finally, at the beginning of the 1980s adopted the current name and a democratic and independent publisher, and became fully running in Catalan language.