Diandra Soares (born 13 August 1979) is an Indian model, fashion designer and television host. She is most noted for her bald looks on the ramp. She was also a participant on the Colors TV reality show Bigg Boss 8.
Diandra Soares at Torchaar Gelato Icecream launch, in June 2011
|Occupation||Model fashion designer, television host|
|Television||Bigg Boss 8|
Soares was born to a middle-class family in Bandra, Maharashtra. Her family never had any relation with the modelling world. After having schooling at Bombay, she pursued her education from St. Xaviers. Madhu Sapre was the former Indian model who inspired Soares in modelling.
Diandra was in a relationship with Gautam Gulati during her stay inside the Bigg Boss house. In 2016, Diandra is making a web series called 'Do It Like Diandra'.
Soares has been active in the field of modelling since the age of 16. Her first assignment was for Tips and Toes and her first show was for McDowell's. In 1995, she was crowned as Miss Bombay, and that helped her to get contracts from various leading brands like Dinesh Suitings, VIP Lingeries, Tillsbury whiskey. She has walked for many international fashion shows in her career which were conducted by Gucci, Leonard Paris, Emanuel Ungaro, Sonia Rykiel, and Miami Fashion Show.
Soares is noted for her bald looks on the ramp. Designers opened and closed the shows with Soares in the Lakme Fashion Week. In September 2013, she shaved her head again. Soares commented that it was done for religious reasons and by going bald she felt spiritually empowered. She also added that her bald head might prevent her entry to many fashion weeks. She once again shaved her head during her session in Big Boss 8.
Television and internet appearances
Soares was a contestant in the popular celebrity stunt show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in its 4th season in 2011. She became one of the popular contestants and survived to the end and became the first runner up. Soares became a contestant on the Indian TV reality show Bigg Boss in its eighth season which started airing in September 2014 on Colors. She was evicted after 12 weeks on 14 December 2014 (Day 84). In 2016, Diandra made a web series called 'Do It Like Diandra'.
|2011||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 4||Contestant||Colors TV||Finalist|
|2013||Life Mein Ek Baar||Fox Life||Along with Rochelle Rao|
|2014||Bigg Boss 8||Colors TV||Evicted Day 84|
|2015||Farah Ki Dawat||Along with Ajaz Khan & Sambhavana Seth|
|Killerr Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah||&TV||Along with Sana Khan, Sara Khan & Mahek Chahal|
|2016||Bigg Boss 10||Guest||Colors TV||Along with Aamir Ali|
|2017||Alisha (Web Series)||Alfia Romani||Episodic role|
- "Diandra Soares (Model) Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Biography". 1 May 2015.
- "Ex-Bigg Boss contestant Diandra Soares is a beach baby - Times of India". 16 August 2017.
- "Diandra Soares". 31 August 2006.
- "Bigg Boss 8 contestants Diandra Soares and Gautam Gulati no longer in touch!". dnaindia.com. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "Bald is Beautiful for Supermodel Diandra Soares". 10 September 2013.
- "Snapshot: Diandra Soares goes bald; Gautam Gulati thinks it's a good look". 29 November 2014.
- "Akshay Makes Diandra Inscribe KKK4 On Her Scalp". NDTV. 24 May 2011.
- Neha Maheshwri (21 September 2014). "Deepshikha Nagpal, Diandra Soares to enter Bigg Boss house". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Bigg Boss 8: Diandra Soares evicted!". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Bigg Boss 8: "I Am Not Pregnant" says Diandra Soares after being eliminated!". pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Do it Like Diandra". 2 August 2016.
- "Farah Ki Daawat: Pritam Singh, Diandra Soares, Praneet Bhatt, Ajaz Khan, Rahul Mahajan and Sambhavna Seth spice it up!". 1 March 2015.
- "Bigg Boss 10 January 1 preview: Salman Khan calls Swami Om 'dhongi', walks out after getting upset, Diandra makes a comeback to Bigg Boss". 1 January 2017.