Dewey in 1898
|Coordinates: 43°02′25″N 116°45′44″W|
|Elevation||6,010 ft (1,830 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||397625|
In 1896, the property at Booneville and its hotel were purchased by Colonel W.H. Dewey, superintendent of the Florida Mountain Mining Company. Dewey's company erected a mill, and a mine was located nearby. The town had a butcher shop, general store, steam laundry, livery stable and barn, and a large hotel, the Hotel Dewey. "Nothing had been neglected in the way of making the town complete as to conveniences for its inhabitants".:69
- "Dewey". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- A Historical, Descriptive and Commercial Directory of Owyhee County, Idaho, January 1898. Owyhee Avalanche. 1898. pp. 67–70.
- Sparling, Wayne C. (1974). Southern Idaho Ghost Towns. Caxton Press. p. 21.