Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules
|Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules|
|Directed by||Antonio Margheriti|
|Produced by||Luigi Nannerini|
|Music by||Georges Garvarentz|
|Box office||₤140.3 million (Italian Lira)|
An evil and ambitious usurper named Ganor seizes a kingdom by assassinating the Sultan and imprisoning his son Prince Daikor and daughter Princess Soraya to prevent revolt. Princess Soraya is defiant and escapes by leaping out the palace window into a river. She is discovered by a pair of peasants Anthar and the mute Aimu who become her protectors, and later rescuers and avengers against Ganor.
The film concludes in a showdown in a hall of mirrors.
- Kirk Morris as Anthar
- Michèle Girardon as Princess Soraya
- Renato Baldini as Kamal
- Mario Feliciani as Ganor
- José Jaspe as Akrim
- Manuel Gallardo as Prince Daikor
- Nadine Verdier as Slave Girl
Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules was released on June 27, 1964 in Italy. The film grossed 140,300,000 Italian lire at domestically in Italy.
The film was originally titled Anthar the invincible but was retitled The Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules for inclusion on Avco Embassy's The Sons of Hercules syndicated television series. The series was 14 peplum that were retitled and re-edited to be distributed under the title of The Sons of Hercules.
- Giordano, Michele (1998). Giganti buoni: da Ercole a Piedone (e oltre) il mito dell'uomo forte nel cinema italiano (in Italian). Roma: Gremese. p. 179.
- Kinnard, Roy; Crnkovich, Tony (2017). Italian Sword and Sandal Films, 1908-1990. McFarland. ISBN 1476662916.
- Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules on IMDb
- Devil of the Desert Against the Son of Hercules is available for free download at the Internet Archive