Destination Gotland is a Swedish ferry-line that runs state-subsidised domestic ferries from Nynäshamn and Oskarshamn to Visby on the island of Gotland. It is a wholly owned daughter company of Rederi AB Gotland. The fleet consists of four high-speed Ro-Pax ferries. The transport volumes to the island of Gotland is more than 1.4 million passengers and 640,000 lane meters of freight per year. During the high season the frequency is up to 16 departures per day to between the mainland of Sweden and the island of Gotland.
|Services||Passenger transportation, Freight transportation|
|Parent||Rederi AB Gotland|
Destination Gotland was founded in 1998 and has since that served the routes Visby to Nynäshamn and Oskarshamn. Originally 75% of the company was owned by Rederi AB Gotland and 25% by Silja Line. In January 1999 Silja Line sold its share in the company to Rederi AB Gotland, who from then has been the sole owner of the company. At the same time Destination Gotland changed from using Silja Lines reservations system to the BOOKIT reservations system, which is now used for all their ferry reservations and ticketing.
- MS Visby
- MS Gotland
- HSC Gotlandia
- HSC Gotlandia II
- MS Visborg
- MS Thjelvar (Delivery due in mid-2019)
- Dawson, Philip, Please be Seated: The airline seat's ascendency over the traditional ship's berth, "ShipPax GUIDE 04", 96-102, ISSN 0282-8898
- "Rederiaktiebolaget Gotland receives new dual fuel RoPax ferry". Ship Technology. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Destination Gotland AB.|
- Company website
- "Destination Gotland". at Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish)
- Rederi AB Gotland at Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish)
- Link to Guangzhou Shipyard, builders of M/S Visby and M/S Gotland