Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge
|Purpose||Research and teaching in Genetics|
Head of Department
|University of Cambridge|
As of 2017, the department has 83 researchers over 27 research groups, studying functional genomics, systems biology, developmental biology, cell biology, epigenetic inheritance, microbial genetics and evolution and population genetics.
Notable academic staff
- Anne Ferguson-Smith , Arthur Balfour Professor of Genetics, Head of the Department
- Richard Durbin FRS, Honorary Professor of Computational genomics, Senior Group Leader at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Julie Ahringer FMedSci, Professor of Genetics and Genomics, Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow, and Director of the Gurdon Institute
- David Glover FRS FRSE, Wellcome Investigator in the Department of Genetics, formerly Balfour Professor of Genetics
Emeritus and alumni
Notable alumni of the department include:
- "Department of Genetics". Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Department of Genetics - Research Groups". Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Anon (2017). "Professor Anne Ferguson-Smith FMedSci FRS". London: royalsociety.org. Archived from the original on 2017-05-05.
- Anon (2012). "Professor Anne Ferguson-Smith FRS FMedSci". acmedsci.ac.uk. London: Academy of Medical Sciences. Archived from the original on 2016-08-01.
- "Dr Richard Durbin – Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute". Archived from the original on 2012-03-05.
- "Department of Genetics - Department". Retrieved 2018-10-09.