Department of Administrative Services (1994–97)
|Formed||30 January 1994|
|Dissolved||9 October 1997|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
- Acquisition, leasing, management and disposal of land and property in Australia and overseas
- Transport and storage services
- Co-ordination of purchasing policy and civil purchasing
- Disposal of goods
- Analytical laboratory services
- Ionospheric prediction
- Valuation services
- Geodesy, mapping and surveying services
- Planning, execution and maintenance of Commonwealth Government works
- Design and maintenance of Government furniture, furnishings and fittings Government printing and publishing services
- Electoral matters
- Australian honours and symbols policy
- Provision of facilities for members of Parliament other than in Parliament House
- Administrative support for Royal Commissions and certain other inquiries
- Information co-ordination and services within Australia, including advertising.
The Department was an Australian Public Service department, staffed by officials who were responsible to the Minister for Administrative Services.
- CA 7871: Department of Administrative Services [IV], Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 9 December 2013