Delhi Public School Society
Delhi Public School Society, also called DPS is one of the largest chain of private schools established in India and abroad. It controls many schools in India and abroad. There are around 9000 students in Nacharam branch Hyderabad. The Delhi Public School Society is the administrative authority for all the institutions under its banner. Some of the schools are also affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in New Delhi.
|Delhi Public School Society|
|Motto||Service Before Self|
|Key people||V.K. Shunglu|
There are 500 plus private schools in India and other countries with the largest schools located at Dibrugarh, Dubai, Dhaligaon, Duliajan, Anantapur, Abohar, Baranagar, Raipur, Bilaspur, Agra, Guwahati, Srinagar, Numaligarh, Aurangabad, Saharanpur, Allahabad, Angul, Asansol, Bokaro, Bhopal, Bulandshahr, Bhilai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Gwalior, Korba, Hyderabad, Indore,, Patiala, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Damanjodi, Bikaner, Gurdaspur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jalandhar, Dhanbad, Sonipat, Pune, Hathras, Bathinda, Farakka, R.K. Puram, Mathura Road, Mangalore, Ahmedabad, Patna, Vadodara, Rajkot, Gandhidham, Bhagalpur, Rohtak, Ranchi, Rourkela, Lucknow, Noida, Ghaziabad, Digboi, Meerut, Jodhpur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Kolkata, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam, Yamuna Nagar, Dehradun, Durgapur, Navi Mumbai, Faridabad, Dwarka, Sitapur, Surat, Haridwar, Moradabad, and Vasant Kunj. Outside India there are schools in United Arab Emirates Dubai, Bahrain, Indonesia, Kuwait, Nepal (Birgunj, Dharan and Biratnagar), Qatar, Saudi Arabia (Jeddah and Riyadh), Singapore, Uganda (Kampala) and Ghana (Accra) and Bangladesh (Dhaka).
All the schools of the society are affiliated to CBSE except for DPS New Town, Kolkata, DPS Mega City, Kolkata and DPS International at Singapore which are affiliated to ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), and DPS International, Saket, New Delhi and DPS International Singapore which are affiliated to IGCSE.
List of schools
Academia and business
- Harsh Chitale – CEO, HCL Infosystems
- Pawan Jain – founder, Mangalayatan University
- Rahul Arora – CEO at SR motors
- Priyamvada Natarajan – Professor of the Astronomy and Physics department of Yale University
- Raghuram Rajan - Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Distinguished Service Professor at University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Government and bureaucracy
TV and print media
- Ipsita Pati - Bollywood actress, Indian Princess, Miss Asia, Brand Ambassador of World Film Festival, USA and Philanthropist Ipsita Pati donated 42 Feet Height Statues of Lord Shiva and Parvati at Budhakhol, Buguda, Odisha.
- Kriti Sanon – Bollywood actress and model
- Randeep Hooda – Bollywood actor
- Indrani Dasgupta – Bollywood actor and model
- Shilpa Shukla – Bollywood actress, known for her work in the Indian Parallel Cinema
Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram courted controversy when a pornographic MMS video involving two of its class XI students went viral in 2004. The two students involved were expelled.
- , www.dpsfamily.org, accessed on 16 May 2011
- Reech Leisure. "Delhi Public School - Indore". dps indore.org.
- List of schools abroad on the Delhi Public School Society website Archived 2 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) - Frontpage - Cong listens to sole". telegraphindia.com.
- Ajay Kumar Sharma. A History of Educational Institutions in Delhi. Sanbun Publishers. pp. 286–. ISBN 978-93-80213-14-9.
- "Delhi Public School Society - Accredition". DPS Society. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Catch the MTV Youth Icons". mid-day.com.
- "Mahesh Babu and Kriti Sanon in 1 Nenokkadine". gallery.oneindia.in.
- "Joyride on the ramp". The Hindu. 9 October 2003. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Scandal in school shakes up Delhi". The Telegraph. 26 November 2004. Retrieved 12 October 2016.