|States||Victoria, New South Wales|
|Region||Australian Alps (IBRA), Victorian Alps, Snowy Mountains|
|LGAs||East Gippsland, Snowy Monaro|
|Source||Gunmark Range, Errinundra Plateau|
|⁃ location||near Goongerah, East Gippsland, Victoria|
|⁃ coordinates||37°07′56″S 148°46′37″E|
|⁃ elevation||1,150 m (3,770 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with the Snowy River|
|Delegate, Snowy Mountains, New South Wales|
|Length||50 km (31 mi)|
|River system||Snowy River|
|⁃ left||Bidwell Creek, Snake Gully, Sawpit Creek, Brownlies Creek, Gibraltar Creek (New South Wales), Basin Creek, Tombong Creek|
|⁃ right||Hutchinson Creek, Boundary Creek (New South Wales), Riverview Creek, Haydens Bog Creek, Little Plains River, Mother Moores Creek, Bombala River, Slaughter House Creek|
|National parks||Errinundra NP, Kosciuszko NP|
Course and features
The Delegate River rises below Cob Hill within Errinundra National Park on the north western slopes of Gunmark Range, part of the Errinundra Plateau, approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) east northeast of Goongerah, in East Gippsland, Victoria. The river flows generally north, east southeast, northeast, north, and then northwest, flowing across the part of the boundary between New South Wales and Victoria, joined by sixteen tributaries including the Little Plains River and the Bombala River, before reaching its confluence with the Snowy River, 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) north northeast of Tombong, north of the town of Delegate and west northwest of the town of Bombala. The river descends 643 metres (2,110 ft) over its 127-kilometre (79 mi) course.
- "Delegate River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Delegate River East Branch: 615536". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Delegate River West Branch: 615537". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Map of Delegate River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Snowy River sub-catchment". East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- "Snowy River - Catchment Map" (map). East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority (2013). East Gippsland regional catchment strategy 2013 -2019 (PDF). Bairnsdale: East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. ISBN 978-0-9758164-6-2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.