Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 52°15′45″N 6°42′40″E|
|Municipality||Hof van Twente|
Although its population is small, it gained city rights in 1333. Castle Twickel is a famous landmark near Delden and the Baron van Heeckeren of Twickel built a watertower in Delden. While drilling for water, the Baron's men discovered salt, which started the salt industry in the region of Twente. In 2013, the city had a population of 7,400 according to Statistics Netherlands. The town of Delden covers an area of 5.96 square kilometers.
Before it became a part of Hof van Twente in 2001, Delden consisted of two municipalities: Stad Delden (the city itself), and Ambt Delden (the surrounding countryside). These municipalities had existed since 1818, when the original municipality "Delden" was divided into two parts.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delden.|