Deekay is a Danish production and songwriting team founded by Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Michael Larsson with other members Tim "Data" McEwan, Daniel "Obi" Klein and Johannes "Josh" Jørgensen. The name Deekay comes from the acronym dk, which means Denmark.
Deekay have written and produced for artists like Jason Derulo, Jordin Sparks, Lil Wayne, Diddy, Sugababes, Orianthi, JLS, Tinie Tempah, Charice, Allison Iraheta, Method Man, Fat Joe, Styles P, Lemar, Medina, Mietta, Girls' Generation, Red Velvet, Loona, EXO, TVXQ! and others.
Selected production/songwriting credits
Selected releases & recordings written and/or produced fully or in part by DEEKAY
New Kids On The Block
Diddy-Dirty Money feat. Lil Wayne
- "Strobe Lights" – Co-produced & co-written
From Diddy/Dirty Money album Last Train to Paris", #7 US Billboard 200 Album Chart
Title-track on Orianthi's 2nd studio album, which has reached certified Gold status in Japan and Australia.
- "Kickstart" & "Only Tonight" – Produced & co-written
From their UK No. 1 debut album, which sold in excess of 1.300.000 copies in the UK alone (4 x platinum)
- "Eyes Wide Shut", "Superhero" & "Better For You" – Produced & co-written, Eyes Wide Shut featured Tinie Tempah and reached #2 on the official UK Radio Airplay Chart, with a total of more than 500.000.000 impressions
From their second album, "Outta This World"
- "Change" – Produced & co-written
Title-track on UK #1 album "Change" – the song was a top 3 UK radio airplay hit.
- "I Don't Mind That" – Produced & written
From multi-platinum album "Time To Grow"
- "It's Not That Easy" – Co-written
1st single from multi-platinum album "The Truth About Love" – No. 2 Official UK Radio Airplay Chart & No. 7 UK Single Sales Chart
- "Lipstick" – Produced & co-written
- "Until The Stars Run Out" – Produced & co-written
From his debut album, which entered the UK album chart at #3.
- "Switch" & "I'm Back" – Produced & co-written
Hit no. 1 on all Korean charts 7 minutes after release – 150.000+ pre-orders on "Hoot" album...The song was No. 1 for 5 weeks on the Music Bank K-Chart and won the Triple Crown on the Inkigayo chart in November/December 2010. The Hoot EP achieved 18 x platinum status in Korea and became best song of the year according to Gallup Korea.
- "Hoot" from album Girls' Generation
The album became the first ever from a foreign girl group to top the Official Japanese Oricon Chart on the release date. The album sold 231,553 copies in the first week, placed first on the Oricon Weekly Album Chart and surpassed the record for first week debut album sales for a foreign artist.
- "Superstar" – Co-written
- " Smile - Co-Produced by Daniel "Obi" Klein
From the Rise as God album
From the multi-platinum UK No. 1 album Guilty
"Breathe Easy" was the third single from the album and a UK #4. It was an 8-week consecutive No. 1 in Italy and the biggest selling single there in 2004 in front of records like "Yeah", "Toxic" & "Superstar". It was also a hit in the rest of Europe (#7 in Austria & Germany etc.)"
"Bubblin'" was the 4th single from the album and a UK #6. It also became a smash hit all over Europe, top 3 in Italy, top 15 in France, No. 11 Germany etc.
- "Eclipse" was the title track for the single "Kim Lip" by the member Kim Lip herself.
- "Puzzle" was the B track for the single "Choerry" by the member Choerry herself in collaboration with the previous member JinSoul.
S.M. Entertainment Artists
|EXO||2014||Love, Love, Love||Overdose||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition|
|2017||Boomerang(부메랑)||The War: The Power of Music||co-composition, arrangement|
|Girls' Generation||2010||Hoot (훗)||Hoot||Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Michael Larsson||co-composition, arrangement, programmed, co-writing|
|2012||Reflection||Girls & Peace||co-composition & arrangement|
|2013||Lips||Love & Peace||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
|f(x)||2013||Airplane||Pink Tape||Tim McEwan||co-composition & arrangement|
|Red Velvet||2015||Automatic||Ice Cream Cake||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
|Lady's Room||The Red||Daniel "Obi" Klein|
|Time Slip||Daniel "Obi" Klein, Johannes "Josh" Jorgensen|
|Cool World||Daniel "Obi" Klein|
|2016||Cool Hot Sweet Love||The Velvet||Daniel "Obi" Klein|
|2017||Mojito (여름빛)||The Red Summer||Johannes "Josh" Jorgensen, Lars Halvor Jensen|
|Look (봐)||Perfect Velvet||Daniel "Obi" Klein|
|SHINee||2010||Hello||Hello [Repackage]||Lars Halvor Jensen, Tim McEwan||co-composition & arrangement|
|Taemin (SHINee)||2014||ACE||ACE||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
|2016||Already (벌써 )||Press It|
|Super Junior||2012||Sexy, Free & Single||Sexy, Free & Single||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
|2014||Hit Me Up||This is Love|
|TVXQ||2011||Superstar||TONE||Lars Halvor Jensen, Johannes Joergensen||co-composition, co-writing, arrangement|
|2015||Smile (웨딩드레스)||Rise as God||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
|Henry & Sunny (Girls' Generation)||2017||U&I||U&I||Daniel "Obi" Klein||co-composition & arrangement|
- Deekay discography at Discogs
- Jordin Sparks hits the studio with Deekay for new album
- Diddy Talks About Strobe Lights
- "Sugababes Unlimited". Sugababesunlimited.info. Archived from the original on 2 May 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "Orianthi Discography". Starpulse. 13 December 2009. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "Song Facts". Song Facts. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "JLS CD Universe". Cduniverse.com. 17 November 2009. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- JLS. "Answers.com". Answers.com. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- Charice. "Charice album". Answers.com. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- Ross, Dalton. "Allison Iraheta, EW". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- Lemar Interview Archived 14 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Believe lyrics". Songlyrics.com. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "album Change chart stats". Acharts.us. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "So much foreign press". Jedward Genius. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- Girls' Generation
- Vitalwarning (20 December 2010). "Gallup Korea confirms SNSD's 'National Girl Group' status". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- 東方神起. "'Superstar' Rank No. 1 on Billboard Japan Chart". Continuetvxq.com. Retrieved 18 December 2011.